Boat building book

Discussion in 'Boatbuilding' started by fladsy, Nov 4, 2010.

1. fladsy

fladsy New Member

Hey guys, i just bought a boat building book online called plans4boats and it turned out to be decent, as i first thought it would be a rip off, but the book itself was quite useful and heaps of designs. anyways..just wanted to recommend it, heres the link for you guys. www.plans4boats.com

2. PAR

PAR Yacht Designer/Builder

Fladsy, had you stopped here first, you'd have found that every single one of the designs you just paid money for, are "public domain" work, which is free to download at one of several sites.

Since this is your first post and you seem to be informing us of this new found wind fall, rather then asking about it, I'll bet your the guy actually selling the CD of free plans looking for some free promotional space. If you're not this less then scrupulous person, please accept my deepest apologies. If you are, then you've been booted from here before, didn't you learn last time?

3. TeddyDiver

TeddyDiver Gollywobbler

Kind of non "chinese" rip off.. Any threads about that :rolleyes:

4. PAR

PAR Yacht Designer/Builder

Yep Teddy, we've seen this before. I hope it's the CD seller and not one of his latest customers. If you are a recent purchaser Fladsy, then I mean no offense.

http://www.boatdesign.net/forums/boat-design/254-boat-plans-32081.html
    This was when I was on vacation. The poster made one post and disappeared (as usual).

http://www.boatdesign.net/forums/design-software/software-254-boat-plans-30035.html
    This was almost exactly a year ago, which suggests he likes to update his links once a year.

Look Fladsy, if you are a recent purchaser and want your money back, I think this is a Clickbank.com marketing deal and they require a 60 money back thingie, so you could get lucky if so desired.

Folks, it's buyer beware more so then ever before. Several countries and companies are flooding many industries with seemingly good deals, that aren't worth the CD's their copied on.

For what it's worth the poster accepts emails, so maybe we can flood his in box if he turns out to be 'ol Mikey boy.

5. KnottyBuoyz

KnottyBuoyz Provocateur & Raconteur

I doubt he bought the book. Smells of spammer to me. First post with the URL? Think about it.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.