Ubuntu and other sacrifices to the god Linux

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by Meanz Beanz, May 18, 2008.

1. masalai

masalai masalai

Run a linux based isp with apache as the professionals do (?'cept in usa?).... Your website is not run from your tinsy / old / domestic / standard home computer... The files are uploaded to your isp where they have the capacity to process multiple "enquiries" simultaenously - I think....

2. the1much

the1much hippie dreams

mornin Mas ;)
    hows all going?,, any bites on the houses yet?

3. masalai

masalai masalai

Hi Jim, alll's quiet on the eastern front - - I guess it is all the interest and confusion as to when the USA will fall in the ............................ over the failing fiscal sector...

Quite a few lookers expecting to pick up a "mortgauge distress bargain" - - I can wait, no debt on one and less than 300K on the other. The way things are going (volatility and uncertainty) I may be waiting for some time.

Lesser views and a 4 year old angular monstrosity went for 4.5million so my price looks reasonable as that building could be replicated for less than 3million and give far superior views and be above sea level even if all the ice/snow melted (worst case value is 70 to 80m) and would make the property (mine) a waterfront with deep water access.... :D:D:D

4. the1much

the1much hippie dreams

common ice cap melting,,hehehe ;)

5. masalai

masalai masalai

My main computers are in the "hospital" both now run Ubuntu, but it is the hardware that is poorely made - everything seems to be made for the cheapest price in asia? - where is the Quality product - - - - Fcuk this corporate demand for high profit margins. - - - I want something that I can be confident will WORK when I turn it on.... This is part (the core) of the global fiscal collapse - - greedy CEO's and other brainless fuckheads wanting to maximise their current profit margins and no care for the future.... Execution is too kind of a word for these lowlife....

Apart from a few (Sean Herron? - a man who seems to care enough to produce as best as is possible) where is the desire to produce quality and reliability in a good? - - - Is the only meaning of life a fast buck?

6. Jeff

Jeff Moderator

Supermicro boards and boxes have been reliable day in and day out for me over the years... but at a price.

7. masalai

masalai masalai

Hi Jeff, Thanks, do you happen to have a link and an id on the ACTUAL manufacturer? (I prefer to use AMD mobile cpu for its ability to operate in hot climates)

8. masalai

masalai masalai

Microsoft releases emergency patch for IE which will be broken soon - change to Mozilla Firefox - - - it is free and works on XP etc and is "safer"....

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.