Typical fees for project management

Discussion in 'Services & Employment' started by expedition, Feb 13, 2008.

1. expedition

expedition Thorwald Westmaas

I wondered what one could expect to pay for full project management of a yacht construction or conversion project.

Responsabilities would include advice on purchase, coordinating /advising on conversion, defining tech. specs, interior design coordination, shipyard selection, shipyard supervision, budgetting, purchasing, financial control, the whole nine yards.

Is fee based on the value of the vessel the custom or a daily fee or a combination of both? Some samples or approximations would be helpful.

Thanks

2. Kay9

Kay9 1600T Master

I would charge on a time and expense basis. Depending on just exactly what expertise you are in desire of, you could expect to pay between $120.00 to $500.00 a day.

K9

3. Kay9

Kay9 1600T Master

I was just at your site. Are you looking for some onsite help and expertise on your project there?

If so feel free to e-mail me. Im certain we can find you someone you would enjoy working with that would be in your budget.

evlisten at yahoo dot com

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.