Twin Outboards

Discussion in 'Outboards' started by m11kyg, Jan 1, 2020.

1. m11kyg

m11kyg New Member

Hi Guys,

I'm looking to mount twin Verados on my boat, although Merc say they should be mounted at 26" does it matter if I go any wider??

Cheers

Mike
    boats for sale uk

2. Barry

Barry Senior Member

What is the width of the chine at the transom, assuming that it is a mono hull, deadrise degree. length of the boat, and are you considering trim tabs?
    More info will help a better response.
    And because of the question, do you think that there is an advantage to go wider?

3. Mr Efficiency

Mr Efficiency Senior Member

Good questions by Barry, there are a number of reasons why closer might be better, but the minimum is usually set according to the need to avoid the two props interfering with the other, and going too wide could mean, depending on the hull geometry, earlier ventilation in a straight line, as well as turning.

4. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

The link goes to a boat sales website. Is this to show the boat or spam?

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.