Twin outboard setup on mono hull 7.2m

Discussion in 'Outboards' started by shakey78, Jan 14, 2010.

1. shakey78

shakey78 Junior Member

Hi all just after some info, if I was to run twin outboards on my boat, would I need counter rotating outboards or would standard outboards of the same rotation be okay??? i hope you get what I mean....

sorry I didnt read it before I put the thread up, did it on my iphone hope it makes sence now

2. Submarine Tom

Submarine Tom Previous Member

well punctuation would certainly help understand what you mean know what I mean counter rotating is the way to go here good luck and try some punctuation next time

-Tom

3. PAR

PAR Yacht Designer/Builder

I'm glad I'm not the only one, thanks Tom.

Your goals should define what you need. I'm a big twin outboard fan, particularly in longer craft, with firm directional stability. Nothing beats the maneuverability advantage of outboard twins.

In short, no you don't need counter rotating props. A 23' 5" boat could benefit from both setups.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.