twiggy 31 tri's

Discussion in 'Multihulls' started by thorpeboat, Oct 5, 2011.

1. thorpeboat

thorpeboat thorpeboat

Does anyone know of a twiggy called Tarantula. It was built in Townsville,North Queensland in the early 80's. I would like to know what happened to it after it was sold.

2. catsketcher

catsketcher Senior Member

Gday

I got on board Tarantula for a quick look in the late 80s up in Townsville. She had a nice version of her foredeck that I was impressed with. On my Twiggy I had to jump down to the foredeck as designed.

Tarantula spent some time in Pittwater. I don't know where she is now but she was involved in a serious port and starboard with another Twiggy "Arc of infinity". Tarantula had her port float demolished just behind the forebeam and I had a pic of it somewhere.

Where she is now I don't know

cheers

Phil

3. thorpeboat

thorpeboat thorpeboat

Thanks catsketcher for the imfo. I have seen two twiggy,s for sale I think one of them is the " ARK" ?

4. thorpeboat

thorpeboat thorpeboat

I just checked and it is the "ARK" that is for sale. It is listed on the YachtHub.com web site.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.