TV opportunity for custom boat builders...

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by Developmentexec, Sep 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PAR

PAR Yacht Designer/Builder

NPD for sure, possibly egocentrism, though certainly megalomania.

2. Boat Design Net Moderator

Boat Design Net Moderator Moderator

Myark, I believe what is raising the hairs on the back of other members' necks is when you post four or five posts in a row without anyone posting a question or comment in between it is perceived more like promotion/advertising than a more conversational style and thus the complaints about overwhelming the two threads.

Probably if instead of posting 5 posts back-to-back, if you consolidate into one or two posts in a row and wait for others to have questions or comments and then reply to those it would fit better with the discussion atmosphere and come across better.

Or, maybe it would be a good idea if you started a dedicated myark amphibious barge thread which would give you space to share all the work you've done on these and more and that all those who are interested can follow (and ask questions and comment and give compliments as applicable.) Then when it's relevant in response to other threads, you can post one or two posts and refer to the larger thread for the 'overall story' and much more detail and variations, or even link to it in your signature. (One thing about a signature is that other members can choose to not view them in their userCP if they prefer not to view signatures as they read the forums.)

3. myark

myark Senior Member

"This could also be a great opportunity for a build/design crew who have great personality and skill, but just have not been able to start their own shop."

A one of TV program with boat design that is not meant to be practical it will not able to start a small boat building business.
    After one day if this is ever viewed on TV, people will forget, how ever I think the producer in his mind thinks he is correct but in reality profit for his company is his real vision.

4. PAR

Having had more then one conversation with the producer, I can tell you Myark, your quite incorrect and jumping to conclusions/assumptions, which seems to fit your apparent personality type.

5. myark

myark Senior Member

You are stalking me with your nasty troll tactics, please put me on your ignore list and do not bother me again.

6. PAR

Not stalking, just correcting your assumptions. The ignore list button is a two way street . . .

7. myark

myark Senior Member

The producer is looking for great personality :rolleyes:
    You are stalking me with your nasty troll tactics, please put me on your ignore list and do not bother me again.

8. michael pierzga

michael pierzga Senior Member

On reason boatdesign net is a pleasure to surf is that it is free of advertising.

Be careful...dont pollute it.

9. myark

myark Senior Member

I agree
    Cheers

10. dskira

dskira Previous Member

You should read the thread: the TV guy doesn't want you, and you didn't remember but you get nasty toward him.
    The fact is: it is a forum, and I don't put people on ignore list, because if I do that, why I will be here? I will be on an other forum.

What about starting again?
    Nice and easy on the eye, a little whip cream on top of the cake, but not too much, some nice pics but not a complete encyclopedia of the history of photography, some cute aluminum barges without been looks like the invasion of Normandy.
    Why not?

11. waikikin

waikikin Senior Member

PAR, should we accept less from this poster? Given his "Name" is a brand & the back to back posts may have been a bit much, occassionally I'll do the same rather than edit a post if I think of "extra".
    It would be a shame to have a very standard line & level of post, different personalities express differently, I've now reviewed some of Myarks links, it takes a link plus to get to his more recent business/inventions, I haven't found a online store to buy a spanner or such.
    Respect runs in a couple of directions... do we protect this community from spanner spammers or give it's members the choice & respect to make their own judgement & decisions?

When it comes to TV & box boats/work platforms there's probably potential there, we see quite a few shows with oil rig crews/deep sea fishing/gators etc. ... there's plenty of characters & diamonds in the rough in the tug & barge world, pile driving & bridge & wharf activities to make a great series, the kid's would love it!

Oh.... Myark kicks kids.... but they seem to love it.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZS9RwwPI_IA

All the best from Jeff.

12. myark

myark Senior Member

Attached Files:

13. dskira

dskira Previous Member

It took me 2000 hours including the tenders.
    I work on a period of two and half years.
    I worked alone but for a period of four weeks my son came to help me.
    In the picture is after I fell from the boat. The work went to a halt, but It give me the time to make great barbecues.

14. Squidly-Diddly

Squidly-Diddly Senior Member

When I first smelled this producer wanted "personality" and saw the examples he posted I was thinking he wants to do "American Choppers" with lots of childish 'macho' posturing and 'drama'.

Now I'm thinking he 'came to the right place'.

1 person likes this.

15. myark

myark Senior Member

Thanks for your kind remarks

A way to find boat design member pictures is to place their name and then type boat design in goggles images for example “Myark boatdesign” https://www.google.com.au/search?q=...366&bih=530&dpr=1#q=myark boatdesign&tbm=isch
    There are many vehicles in the world , a huge market left open if there can be an affordable practical custom designed light pontoon “less than 400kg” that can easily assembly in minutes and float the average car, then if wanted the car could propel pontoon with cars own HP.
    Like many new inventions is to fold and compact for storage as house section space is limited and getting smaller as real-estate cost rise.
    To break into this huge market the retail cost would need to be under $10.000 including the simple car propulsion attachments “made in China”
    All attempts have failed because of to many complications and expensive as well as water corrosions especially in sea water and not stable.
    This is giving ideas to this TV custom boat design thread for their documentary as the TV show called Top Gear http://www.topgear.com/uk/videos/more-wetness was popular.