Maxsurf automation

Discussion in 'Software' started by jfar, Nov 9, 2015.

1. jfar

jfar New Member

Hi all, I am trying to automate a few steps in Maxsurf using Visual Basic.
    What I intend to do is automating the process of loading a set of markers from a text file into modeler using VBA.
    Eventually I would also need to automate the process of loading the design from modeler into Maxsurf Resistance (the updated version of Maxsurf Hullspeed).

Any idea on how this can be done? or any useful links/readings?
    Thanks!

2. TANSL

TANSL Senior Member

Take a look at MaxSurf Automation Manual. It should be enough for what you're trying.

3. formsys

formsys formsys

Also take a look at the Automation Samples installed with the software, you can find them at a location like
    C:\Program Files\Bentley\Engineering\Maxsurf 20 V8i\Automation Samples

4. jfar

jfar New Member

Thank you for the replies. I did have a look at what you've posted and they were of great help! However my bigger problem is that apparently Maxsurf does not offer automation for Resistance (formerly known as Hullspeed). I need to automate Maxsurf Resistance aswell. Is there any way I can do this? or any tutorials on how to automate Resistance? Thanks!

5. formsys

formsys formsys

Yes automation is available for resistance, take a look at the Combined example, also the Automation manual in the Help menu
    Regards
    Phil

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.