Sr. Naval Architect Luxury Yachts required for the Netherlands

Discussion in 'Services & Employment' started by PSMSM, Nov 8, 2010.

1. PSMSM

PSMSM New Member

Hi
    I'm looking for a Senior Naval Architect who is expereinced in the Design of Luxury Yachts and who is interested in working and living in Holland.
    Please see below for the job description.
    Thanks!

You will be involved in the Design and Technical aspects from Concept Design through to the completion of the build.
    You will be responsible for all internal drawings and calculations and all the activities relating to the preparation and design phase of ship building. Besides this you will support the entire organisation by providing technical advice during the pre-design phase, the design phase and the build phase.

Specific tasks-
    - Design and optimise the lines plan
    - Responsible for all Yacht Design and Construction aspects such as:
    Check manoeuvrability and stability
    Check weight calculations
    Check resistance and propulsion
    Check tonnage calculations
    Design and check structural and general plans
    Design fuel tank and tank contents calculations
    - Supply information in respect of the scope of works and costing as well as collect and analyse any information important to the build of the yacht.
    - Deal with any regulations, flag or other authorities which could influence the design and layout of the yacht.
    - Oversee the technical execution of the general plans and the lay-out (structural fire protection, panel positions, escape routes, deck heights etc.)
    -Small close team where everybody has a specific task but can also take over other team members tasks, when necessary.

Experience and Qualifications:
    - Bachelors Degree in a relevant subject
    - Experience in Naval architecture and knowledge of the industry regulations etc.
    - Experience in yacht design and calculations.
    - AutoCAD, Maxsurf/Rhino or similar
    - Fluent in English ( Dutch desirable but not necessary )

This is a full time position working for a highly regarded company with an international client base. A high profile job in which you will be involved in all parts of the business, from conception to the sea trials.

If you are interested in the role and willing to relocate to Holland, please get in touch!

2. YDE321

YDE321 New Member

Naval architect position

Hi,
    I read your post and am interested in the position. I am a naval architect and would like to send my CV to you directly for reasons of confidentiality.
    Do you have an e-mail address to which I can forward my CV and information?
    My email address is yde321@gmail.com

Thank you in advance and I look forward to hearing from you

3. NA123415

NA123415 New Member

Senior Naval Architect (Yachts)

I read with interest the position of Senior Naval Architect and would be interested in any further information you can offer.

I would be grateful if you could reply to na123415@yahoo.com so I can forward my CV for consideration.

Kind Regards

4. GYDMarine

GYDMarine Marine Philanthropist

Holland

Good day, Please contact me as well to discuss the position and scope of work. Thank you.