Turning Clock or anti clock wise

Discussion in 'Props' started by BertKu, Dec 28, 2012.

1. lewisboats

lewisboats Obsessed Member

Years ago I read the word "Widdershins" in a book and realized that if it existed then there must also have been a word for "Clockwise" before clocks were invented. I looked it up and filed it for further (trivial) reference.

Let me go through the thread when I have time to read it and see what it is all about.

2. BertKu

BertKu Senior Member

Hi Steve,
    This is a sketch for what I have in mind to make. A plate to channel the water to the center and a kind of tunnel construction around the prop. What do you think, will it work? . I am not a mechanical person, but more a software and electronics , thus I struggle in calculating strengths in mechanical issues. Bert

Attached Files:

3. lewisboats

lewisboats Obsessed Member

You're in luck!... You just designed a Kort Nozzle. Try Googling that.

[​IMG]

4. BertKu

BertKu Senior Member

Thanks Steve for the information. I did Google the various manufacturers, but must say, the one I am able to make, is not as fancy as what I have seen by the professional Kort Nozzle manufacturers, but I will give it a try.
    Appreciated for the name, it gave me a chance to do some research.
    Bert

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.