Turmoil in Egypt

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by Vulkyn, Feb 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Leo Lazauskas

Leo Lazauskas Senior Member

I disagree that the "world is surprised you kicked them out".
    As I showed earlier, England, for example, treated the MB as the legitimate
    government because they were the government. William Hague also admitted
    that Morsi was removed after very large protests.
    Which parts of the world are you saying were "surprised"?

2. whitepointer23

whitepointer23 Previous Member

It was i who hijacked the thread troy. When i read mention of your country taking an interest in egypt. When is the u s a going to sort out themselves instead of everyone else. I know you can drag out your statistics that show america is the safest crime free place on earth. But fact is that young man would still be alive if he was in australia.

3. Vulkyn

Vulkyn Senior Member

Does military coup answer your question ?? That's the view now even on wiki ...
    African nations have suspended the membership of Egypt, the US had contemplated stopping the aid and more countries followed suit.
    It's still a popular view that this is a Military coup ... hence my remark :)

4. Mr Efficiency

Mr Efficiency Senior Member

So if in the next election the MB wins again, you're still not happy Vulkyn ? If they've been as bad as is being said, everyone should be protesting for an early election to settle the matter.

5. Leo Lazauskas

But it is a military coup! It is also a coup with very great popular support. :)

That popular support might not be so popular if it continues for too long (like
    30 years or more). It might also force the MB back underground and start a
    wave of terrorist-style attacks which would be a very miserable outcome for
    you and your side of politics.

Thanks for the clarification about the position of African nations. In Australia
    we don't hear much about what they do (unless they are killing each other or
    starving or rigging elections like Robert Mugabe).

From what I have read about the USA's position, they have continued foreign
    aid. I hadn't read that they were seriously considering suspension of aid
    unless it was temporary until the situation became more clear. Remember,
    aid could easily be diverted by the MB to fund their activities, so suspension
    might not have been a foolish move.

6. michael pierzga

michael pierzga Senior Member

The US aid is insignificant.

7. El_Guero

El_Guero Previous Member

I grew up with guns everywhere, and I seldom felt fear.

That poor kid was just running along. Minding his own business.

But, three kids were 'bored?'

America is hurting.

And so is Egypt.

I feel for Australia, I cannot imagine what pain this caused.

We need time to heal all over the world.

But, right now, Egypt and Syria are worse off than America. And I pray they get to heal soon.

8. TeddyDiver

TeddyDiver Gollywobbler

I don't read reports, I was there, talked with people, saw with my own eyes.

9. El_Guero

El_Guero Previous Member

I have had a clue for quite some time ....

But, in America, we hide from the truth.

The Muslim Brotherhood was given money by the US, even as we listed them as a terrorist organization. If I give a dollar to the Muslim Brotherhood, I go to jail, but if the government gives them money, it is OK?

And the Obamanator? On your video, it was sad to hear him speak about the peaceful civilian casualties. He did not care about the 100+ soldiers and police murdered. He does not care about ethnic cleansing against the Copts.

He only cares about the progressive agenda - and in that form, all Egypt is good for is a distraction.

Distract US from what is really going on in Egypt and in the US government.

The military government is conducting illegal strikes against civilians and using paramilitary forces and spy agencies to control the opposition. Arresting the opposition and holding them forever. That is the US government. It probably started under Clinton and continued to some degree under Bush, but America is becoming a police state, so what do we do?

We complain about Egypt .... if the streets of D.C., Los Angeles, Chicago, NYC were being soaked in blood would we care? Would we even know about it? Thousands die in the streets of our major cities, and we look the other way, we continue the problems (economic enslavement & fatherless homes), instead of fixing the problems (jobs and fathers).

I congratulate Egypt for trying.

But, like your news clip reported, this is an un-Civil-War. I pray they can suppress the opposing military terrorist army before it goes out of control like Syria did.

Wayne

I have blogged on the problems for over a decade, and I see a huge difference between the Slavic Culture in Ukraine and here in the US. But, I also see the spreading world wide war. luvsiesous.com

10. dskira

dskira Previous Member

We know what happens in Egypt through the media reports. as usual they are what they are, supporting themselves in a competition to gain the favor of as many sponsors they can have.
    To be in Egypt, must be a different experience, a painful experience.
    My prayers are with you Vulkyn

11. Vulkyn

Vulkyn Senior Member

The idea of democracy is well based on the majority of votes.
    So in essence if a killer or a terrorist (by both local and international view) votes and wins does that really make it a democracy ???
    The MB has always been the underdog, the organisation hated by the governments and oppressed for 80 years.
    They sold themselves pretty well and when they start talking about how they will uphold islam and democracy they won over the people.
    People have been very sceptical maybe if i even go back in the thread my view might be like that, but it was always the same "We dont like Morsi but surely he is better than Shafik."
    Now every one who voted for the MB is really ashamed of it, you do not vote for ANY party who claims to be the religious savers .... its just a FACT OF LIFE.
    As a party my beliefs and ideas should be reflected by our agenda and action not by claims and promises never fulfilled, then again its politics ....

The essence really is that Egypt tried to be democratic they failed to be objective. I mean morsi is an ESCAPED CONVICT FROM PRISON !!! Should that not have disqualified him o_O !?!?!?!??!?! Even if it was a political arrest of some sort, even if he was framed. Wouldnt the proper thing to do was to first clear himself then running for presidency ? Yah oooops ....

But its clear there are so much dirty politics even in Egypt, maybe the old regime wanted to teach us a lesson in MB truth ? Maybe all this was to make them show their true color so the whole country labels them terrorists and remove their support?
    As far as conspiracy theory goes its endless, fact is there is just too much dirty games being played on the sake of the normal individual who just wants to work in peace, feed his kids and live a normal life....
    Oh and build boats .... some day ...

12. Vulkyn

Vulkyn Senior Member

Let me rephrase i am just really surprised that the first wave of reports was how violent the army is and how they are killing civilians.

Its like getting in a fight with an escaped convict that is violent and you are being blamed for beating him up after he shot and killed your brother !?!

The video i posted just shows one example.
    Yes not all protestors are armed or dangerous but a some are.
    Not every police officers is law abiding some will not under pressure or due to what ever factors be violent.

Unless people start talking like that we will not go any where, had a talk with a Morsi supporter and told him just that ... told him you had no right to occupy Rabaa square .. its violation of peoples rights ... now had you done your demonstrations in a different way and the army / police came in with out a court order i would be on your side saying this is wrong.
    2 wrongs doesnt make a right ....

13. Leo Lazauskas

I think the idea is to ban the MB from contesting the next election.
    That sounds like a recipe to create an underground terrorist organisation, just
    like the one they had before the last elections.

14. TeddyDiver

TeddyDiver Gollywobbler

That's pretty much how MB want's things to be, either they will have absolute power or terror.. Believe me everybody else in Egypt wanted them to be reasonable..

15. ancient kayaker

ancient kayaker aka Terry Haines

Vulkyn, it IS a military coup. Whether the intent is good or bad doesn't change its name. When Mubarrak stepped down, that probably prevented a military coup . . .

I get my information from TV, radio and the web. For the Egyptian situation I am able to check what I read and hear against a local opinion. I think I get the same story from both. This may not be the same everywhere but I don't agree that there is some kind of international conspiracy to misrepresent the events in Egypt.

I am struck by Morsi's impatience for eternal power - it is usual in such cases for the process to be gradual and spread over years with justification for each tiny step along the way to dictatorship. Reminds me of Hitler's power grab in Germany, but an entirely different military situation. I am also struck by the speed of the military response; it might have been smarter to allow popular support and evidence of gross governmental incompetence to build.

International opinion is largely irrelevant to a well-defended country such as Egypt, except where it might lead to economic measures, and it is unlikely that an economic blockade will happen given the importance of the canal.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.