Turmoil in Egypt

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by Vulkyn, Feb 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. powerabout

powerabout Senior Member

only problem was the US moved to "run by wall street democracy"

1 person likes this.
  2. Mr Efficiency

Mr Efficiency Senior Member

A Guide to U.S. Newspapers

1. The Wall Street Journal is read by the people who run the country.

2. The New York Times is read by people who think they run the country.

3. The Washington Post is read by people who think they should run the country.

4. USA Today is read by people who think they ought to run the country but don't really understand the Washington Post. They do, however like the smog statistics shown in pie charts.

5. The Los Angeles Times is read by people who wouldn't mind running the country, if they could spare the time, and if they didn't have to leave L.A. to do it.

6. The Boston Globe is read by people whose parents used to run the country.

7. The New York Daily News is read by people who aren't too sure who's running the country, and don't really care as long as they can get a seat on the train.

8. The New York Post is read by people who don't care who's running the country either, as long as they do something really scandalous, preferably while intoxicated.

9. The San Francisco Chronicle is read by people who aren't sure there is a country, or that anyone is running it; but whoever it is, they oppose all that they stand for. There are occasional exceptions if the leaders are handicapped minority, feministic atheist dwarfs, who also happen to be illegal aliens from ANY country or galaxy as long as they are democrats.

10. The Miami Herald is read by people who are running another country, but need the baseball scores.

3. SamSam

SamSam Senior Member

Calvin Coolidge ("The chief business of the American people is business")

Meanwhile, the earliest record of a ship under sail is depicted on an Egyptian pot dating back to 3200BC

or

The earliest representation of a ship under sail appears on a painted disc found in Kuwait dating between 5000 and 5500 BC.

That discrepancy is probably enough reason for another war.

ALFRED EISENSTAEDT

Egyptian Fishing Boats, Suarez Canal near Port Said, 1935

[​IMG]

4. TeddyDiver

TeddyDiver Gollywobbler

Boating to Philea island..

Attached Files:

5. TeddyDiver

TeddyDiver Gollywobbler

Back to Cairo. Saw at last one demonstration. Maybe 30 to 50 demonstators sitting peacefully in the center of main roads crossing in Giza close to the pyramids...

6. Vulkyn

Vulkyn Senior Member

7. michael pierzga

michael pierzga Senior Member

Yah...sad. What to do ?

8. Doug Lord

Doug Lord Flight Ready

Egypt

====
    Stay safe, Vulkyn. Good luck to you and your family!

9. Vulkyn

Vulkyn Senior Member

I have never in my life seen such poor coverage by the CNN news channel .....
    I consider myself a moderate person but honestly you got to be fracking kidding me ?!!?!

Its been really really bad here ..... the MB have finally shown their true colors. Yes there are reasonable people among them but in all their mind set is just too far from the moderate nature of Egyptians.
    Now how on earth CNN is that biased is beyond ..... heck if some one occupies your patio, forces himself to live there, frisks you and your family every time you go in and out of your house for 45 freaking days. You get a law order to remove them, they get warned and when the police steps in they are shot at and suffer 45 deaths and over 300 injuries .... Not to mention armoured cars (yes !) have been disabled with sniper rifles ... I have friends living in that area and they where there in the midst of events.
    After which CNN calls them peaceful demonstrators and human rights have been violated by the police.

Not to mention 21 yes folks 21 police stations attacked, 20 churches destroyed burnt and 2 mosques razed to the ground ... not to mention other burnings and attacks .... Of course that part of the news takes what 5 mins coverage ???

Utter and total rubbish ....

10. Vulkyn

Vulkyn Senior Member

A christian friend of mine just sent me the list of church related attacks ...
    38 churches robbed / burned
    23 churches attacked not destroyed
    7 buildings buildings to the churches destroyed / burned.
    5 houses / pharmacies / hospitals destroyed / burned.

Before this crises the christians fasted a friday in Ramadan to support the muslims, muslims are praying in churches and christians are praying in mosques. ...
    At least its starting to feel rights again .... looking back i guess the MB / extremist have been playing on separating the ethnics groups .....
    I remember when i was growing up it was so different than it is now ....

Extremists are the worlds poison ...

11. michael pierzga

michael pierzga Senior Member

The BBC World Service tells me that the MB are armed and out to cause trouble. Many police have died. The situation is complex. Hopefully the military can disarm the MB and restore order.

12. El_Guero

El_Guero Previous Member

CNN does what Obama and his State Department tell them to do ....

Just like they are not reporting about how the American military was put on a higher state of alert in the USA ....

Lots of funny stuff going on. There have always been semi-secret military operations. But, there used to be about one per president. Now this president has had something like 20 secret mini wars ....

I just pray for peace ....

13. PAR

PAR Yacht Designer/Builder

Really, surprise?

Lets see, a movement (the brotherhood) well known for political violence, that put Hamas in power, the largest political opposition outfit in the Arab countries, the very same folks that assassinated your own Mahmoud an-Nukrashi Pasha, pleeease and they still voted them in power? What's the worst that could have been expected . . .

An now, do you really think they're not going to use the exact same tactics, they've used in every single other overthrow. Remember these are the "Jihad is our way" folks. The ones that want to reclaim their "empire" from Spain to south east Asia? Are you kidding? You know, these are the very same ones that have killed your prime ministers and attempted to kill your president (okay maybe Nasser staged it, but who knows). So, why where they elected again? Blew smoke up everyone's butt and what, you (as a people) forgot? Hell, even Osama bin Laden didn't like or trust these guys, so why where they elected again and who's to blame for this? If you knowingly eat dung, it's pretty hard to complain about the taste.

Sweet God, it's a bit different if you didn't know, such as who could have known what Stalin would do or even Hitler, but the brotherhood is well known (many decades), especially in Egypt. Of all places where they should gain control of government, Egypt, you'd have thought, would have been last on the list. Now, they've had a couple of years to fester and place people in key positions.

Don't get me wrong, I'm on your side, but damn, you had to know this was going to happen, if they got in power. It always does, wherever any of their affiliates gain control.

"CNN does what Obama and his State Department tell them to do .... "

You obviously don't have a clue about the press in this country. If this were as you suggested, do you think they would have reported anything about the leaks of NSA information. You know darn right well they publish what they want, though they do look at sensitive information carefully, they're chomping on the bit to publish it, in spite of state department or any other department objections. They're motivated by "market share" not politicians or government agencies.

14. hoytedow

hoytedow Carbon Based Life Form

15. Vulkyn

Vulkyn Senior Member

Yes from CNN not the MB ....

Again i am not surprised by MB's action .. read my post again its the dreadful news coverage thats ticking me off ...
    There is no surprise there, we all expected it .... "do what i want or i will hurt you" attitude they have always been and will always be like that ...

To be quite honest i do not have a clue about the press in the US, its not where i live and its not something i regularly follow or read. Even if i do as an outsider i can not judge their views as you do because you are part of the news.
    In my case now its different i can judge now from my own point of view rather than just blatantly follow trends / stereotypes ..

In our case its El Gezira channel who in the Army press conference every single other channel refused to start the press conference until they left the press room. They are viewed very negatively and people know they blatantly falsify information ... not even in a professional manner ...
    And they did get kicked out ...

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.