Turmoil in Egypt

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by Vulkyn, Feb 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whitepointer23

whitepointer23 Previous Member

fair enough but it makes my blood boil to think we let these people come here for a better life and they start this rubbish, who cares if they are insulted, i don't. what other church group runs around comitting violent crime and rioting when they don't like a movie. boo hoo. i'll get off my soap box now as this is a boat forum,

1 person likes this.
  2. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Interesting --do you really believe that would be a sensible thing to do.

And you accuse me of time wasting!!!

3. whitepointer23

whitepointer23 Previous Member

i got a message telling me i am a rascist, i really don't think i am, if i went to a middle eastern country and carried on like these people have done here they would stone me to death. i was referring to the troublemakers in those riots not all muslims. on this site we all talk to people from all over the globe, the net has no borders, so i don't think there is any racsism on this site.

4. PAR

PAR Yacht Designer/Builder

Anyone that thinks all this blood shed is because of a movie, clearly don't have a clue about the issues in these areas. The movie, as I mentioned previously in this thread, had very little to do with the out bursts recently seen. These were well rehearsed attacks and continue to be so. These orchestrated events where not the result of a mob, but the same bunch of boneheads that would prefer all of the Muslim nations live with a 10th century life style. Frankly it's they own fault. They elect these boneheads hoping they'll change, bring about change and save the people from the preponderance of self determination. They know darn right well what these boneheads stand for, what they've previously done, yet they still buy into their sales pitch and then ***** and moan, when they act just like everyone knew they would, if permitted to be in charge of a government.

The main 22 countries and the remaining couple of dozen Muslim nations are predominately Islamic republics, which by their very nature are destined to fail. Theocratic forms of government always do, as does secular nationalism, which are the structure of most Muslim governments. Couple the religious restraints with the often totalitarian monarchies or dictatorships, often employed and it's pretty easy to understand why they're fed up with authority of any kind.

Socially, these nations are a few hundred years behind the west in an evolutionary view. The worst of them treat women like cattle and children as personal sex toys. The more progressive still sell their daughters, but do so discretely, rather then in the market square. They will eventually have no choice but to surrender shura as the root of their legal systems and focus on individual and personal freedoms. If not, they will forever be burdened with the restraint of divinely guided leaders. Without a separation from the supernatural derived leadership, they will wallow in hope of rescue from above, rather than stand up and rely on themselves.

It's these very concepts that have caused the west to advance so rapidly economically, technologically and socially in the last 200 years. Previous to western societies tossing off their religious restraints, personal acts where guided by God's desires for you or at least what you or your religious leader said these might be. Once we looked out for own on interests, everything opened up and the imposable or possably the formerly imposable because of restraints, became possible. Slavery is acceptable in that 1,800 year old book everyone seems so excited about, but we threw down this restraint and ditto for most of the rest too, now believing in ourselves. We don't stone our neighbor for growing two different crops in adjacent fields, though this is perfectly acceptable behavior, if you live by that damn book. Hell, it even thinks selling your daughter is a good idea or better yet, having your wife beheaded for wearing a dress woven from two different types of thread. Yep, let your life be lead by a divine book, written thousands of years ago by un-divine men, there's a good idea for social advancement . . .

5. ancient kayaker

ancient kayaker aka Terry Haines

The Islamic extremists are an ill-gotten marriage between the words of the fundamentalist islamic mystics of the 19th century and broken or self-conflicting promises by western powers which were made to get Arab support during WW2 and never intended to be kept.

Stack that on top of the Middle Eastern tradition of revenge for slights real and imagined that goes back far beyond the establishment of Islam itself, and easy access to vast wealth created without the prior slow development of a modern outlook of tolerance, personal responsibility and universal equality and freedom - as PAR says - which had to earned by increments by the Western nations, and you have a recipe for disaster.

All it took was for ruthless, hate-filled monsters to fill ignorant, ideologically-dominated youths with dreams of a martyr's death rewarded by an eternity of willing and beautiful virgins - presumably if younger children were required the promises would involve chocolates and a pet donkey - and you have the delivery system for whatever it is that these monsters want.

The economic engine of this mess was oil, but now it is fed by remittances from millions of muslims who have gone to the West seeking the economic benefits of the very culture they wish to see destroyed. The worst part is, there may never be an end to it.

The same kind of religiously-inspired extremism could be found in Europe many years ago, but it did not have the internet, air travel, modern weapons and a non-stop supply of wealth to sustain it, and the damage it could do was limited in scope and range although still considerable. Back then if someone insulted you or your ideals you whipped out your sword or dagger and had at him if you were rich, and shrugged and went back to your back-breaking work in the field if not. The limitations imposed by poverty, short life expectancy, limited technology and travel difficulty kept the lid on the pot until technology emerged side-by-side with concepts of human rights, equality and tolerance.

Those limitations have largely been removed, but in many parts of the World the cultural maturity that came with the gains from the application of logic and open thinking is lacking. We in the West in general and perhaps the English-speaking nations in particular are equally responsible for this situation, with our headlong rush to exploit the easily-gained resources of other lands.

How do we get out of this mess? Well, it's essential to recognize that the cure will take far longer than it took to create the disease. The flow of oil has to be plugged to cut off a major source of funding; we already have the technology to do this, in several different ways. The flood of immigrants to the West has to be reduced, partly to keep the best-educated people where they can provide an example and inspiration to their own youth and help balance the unbreaking message of hate and intolerance that Islamic youths are swamped with. Partly it might help to reduce the security problems of host countries. Education is the long-term key, as always, and of course the fundamentalists are well aware of this, which is why it's going to take a hundred years. IMHO anyway . . .

1 person likes this.
  6. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

I cant say anything --im still thinking . Im still a bit shocked at how easy its going to be actually.

Ha,--- and theres me thinking it would be difficult.

I think i'lle put the kettle on

7. rberrey

rberrey Senior Member

Your right Frosty it is an easy fix. From 1989 untill around 1991 a company located in Mobile Co Alabama( Americlean ? I think ) produced gasoline from natural gas. They owned no gas fields and under cut gasoline prices of the oil companies, so Mobile corp. cut their gas supply and put them under. All we have to do is build these same type plants next to ethonal plants pipe natural gas to them. This takes care of the transportation problem of ethonal to the gasoline refineries by reversing the mix and producing E85. We would have to come up with more grain products to produce greater amounts of ethonal, but we can simply stop filling bags that we give to the UN to feed a world that hate us and kill us given the chance. So if we were really the heartless ******** the world thinks we are, we could solve the problem with ease. Rick

8. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

I use ethenol E20 when ever I can get it. Strangely and mostly in this very forum people say it is crap and delivers little power etc. I think that is bull.

It is very difficult to feel a reduction in power on a 150HP vehicle used in various applications . I use it in a little 110cc motorcycle, if there was a decrease in power it would be immediately noticable.

Hybrids are popular and ever increasing . Im considering the new Toyota Hybrid Vios coming out supposedly later this year.

9. WestVanHan

WestVanHan Not a Senior Member

" only 35 percent of hybrid vehicle owners choose to purchase a hybrid again when returning to market in 2011, according to recent analysis by Polk . If repurchase behavior among the high volume audience of Toyota Prius owners isn’t factored in, hybrid loyalty drops to under 25 percent."

10. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Shame you didnt post that link.

I have confidence in Toyota knowing its market. The previous Hybrid in the Camry was too big. The prius is a better car for 20K (dollars).

Even if the Hybrid does not overwhelm the market small compact micro cars will.

There is very few Humvees here. Ive seen one or two. They hold a despicable lack of care for fossil fuel consumption, hence identity of the owner is always behind darkened glass.

11. Grey Ghost

Grey Ghost Senior Member

Try towing a boat with your Prius.

1 person likes this.
  12. Leo Lazauskas

Leo Lazauskas Senior Member

They might be more successful if they had dedicated traffic lanes. Lack of
    protection in collisions with larger vehicles is a turn off for some people.

13. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

I don't want it to tow a boat but Why?

Electric cars make high torque.

This is the misunderstanding Toyota has to deal with. I know some people that need 4 wheel drive Range Rovers to go the supermarket.

14. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Micro does not mean you can put it in your pocket and you will get run over--its a just a description of a smaller car for town use that most people do.

10 times more safe than an old Ford. People just love to complain.

If you want longer journeys the Hybrid Camry is for you.

When the Hybrid first came out people complained they were dangerous because you could not hear them and you could get run over.

Geeeez you cant win can you.

15. Leo Lazauskas

Leo Lazauskas Senior Member

I gave up owning cars 35 years ago, and I can say that there's no whiner like
    an ex-farmer cab driver.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.