Turmoil in Egypt

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by Vulkyn, Feb 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. troy2000

troy2000 Senior Member

Don't bother. You'd never get anywhere saying sensible things.....;)

2. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Whats this turmoil in Egypt about. Wheres turmoil in Syria.

Egypt is like a summer camp compared to what Syria is going through .

Just thought I'de remind you of other places far worse off.

3. troy2000

troy2000 Senior Member

You're right; there are worse places. But I'm sure that's scant comfort to Vulkyn, and this is his thread about his country.

4. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

He hasnt posted since June so I guess he is content with the place now. It seems the thread has broken off into politics of America.

Any way back on Vuklyns thread,-- may be he has realized how lucky he is to be there and not Syria. I don't think we need to ask his preference.

If Epypt had turmoil what the hell is Syria having. No one is shying away from the words 'full out civil war' anymore.

That beats turmoil anyday.

5. Grey Ghost

Grey Ghost Senior Member

6. yves

yves Junior Member

7. rberrey

rberrey Senior Member

The USA is a republic, and must be goverened withen a set set of rules. This has been the saving grace of our nation on more than one occasion. Our problem is we have people redefining the rules because they cant change them with the legal process now in place. And a President not adhearing to the rules, which shows his intent and outlook on our constitution. Rick

1 person likes this.
  8. troy2000

troy2000 Senior Member

How has Obama not been adhering to the rules? Although the idea that he's somehow subverting the Constitution and undermining the rule of law seems to be an article of faith among his opponents, no one has ever shown me any credible examples of him doing so.....

9. PAR

PAR Yacht Designer/Builder

I can site examples of Obama's constitutional side steps, but these are nothing compared to the near re-write of the bill of rights and several amendments the previous administration butchered.

10. souljour2000

souljour2000 Senior Member

Back to Egypt and turmoil there for a sec...I lived there for almost a year back in '81-'82...got there a few weeks before Sadat was assassinated..left almost a year later...I was 13-14 years old at the time...so my memories are a bit less than hard data for political comment 30 years later...but it's a captivating, fascinating country...it's the keystone of the mid-east...if democracy fails there..it would be a real blow to the future that seems so promising right now since the Arab Spring..but I think the Egyptians will be okay..As for their PM's visit to Moscow...it's hopefully just a momentary finger in the eye of the military generals who love their mcDFonnell/Douglas F-16's and other American military equipment and training/support..I doubt they will be tradin them in for Ilyushin's and Migs anytime soon...A return to the Russia camp would probably not bode well for western tourism in Egypt..something that used to be a mainstay of their economy...and their not likely to give up...and that they would like a return to...Hopefully..I am right...i.e.that Egypt will be okay in the long run and become something of a model for the new Middle east ..one without so many tyrants in the top jobs...I don't think Iraq will be that model..however much the former Bush43 administration would have liked it to be...but the Mid-east is hard to predict...I would at least say that there would have to be a terrible Civil War before the Jihadis/Moslem Brothers could take over Egypt the way some think they will...and I doubt the USA/NATo would stay on the sidelines in that one like they are doing in Syria...Just some thoughts..

11. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Syria's civil war is dumb. I mean does any one know why or who is fighting and for what.

Is the entire country infiltrated with terrorists as Assad says or has he lost his marbles,-- as the population says..

I suspect the later.

Shame so many women and children are suffering in this political quagmire for grown mens ego's under the fouled name of government.

UN is a bunch of useless expense sheets,--- pathetic.

12. Grey Ghost

Grey Ghost Senior Member

Why don't you go there and give us a 1st hand report.
    Hope all the Syrian boaties got somewhere safe.

13. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Naa I have a dentist appointment next week but ille book you a cheap room if you want.

14. Grey Ghost

Grey Ghost Senior Member

No mooring enforcement or high slip fees :D

15. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

The ruler of Dubai is an extremely clever man. He educated his sons In Uk they speak English like wot I do. Most government was educated thier also. Uk citizens can enter Dubai and UAE with out a visa.

The consiquences of this are /should be obvious. Any business or religion is welcome in Dubai. Its a gem stone in a pile of @#$%.

Ive been arrested by police thier on a few occasions , very fair good people.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.