"A" yacht - a video of the interior

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by daiquiri, Sep 6, 2012.

1. daiquiri

daiquiri Engineering and Design

"A" yacht - a video of the interiors

We've all seen it from outside so many times, now this video by Wall Street Journal reveals the interiors of the "A" yacht: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbucJO3zDCE&feature=g-vrec

The swimming pool with a glass bottom looking at the dance room below might look like a freak idea... But if I think of the number of chicks per unit area of the deck, and that some of them will want to dip in the pool to cool-off, then a logical reasoning appears behind that choice. :)

At time 2:53 in the video, a RIB launch boat is visible in the garage, and it looks gorgeous, like a small spaceship. Does anyone knows what model is that?

Cheers

2. Timothy

Timothy Senior Member

Che Che Che . What the hell happened?

3. daiquiri

daiquiri Engineering and Design

Ehm... I'm affraid I don't get it. :confused:

4. alan white

alan white Senior Member

Unbelievably beautiful... if you like over-the-top Vegas style nonsense like the hidden nookie room. I'm trying to imagine why a hidden nookie room. Especially since it's now public knowledge. About $250k and everyone knows you're in there and it's not like you're fixing a sandwich or catching up on emails.
    Good place to film that batchelor reality show, what with the many hot tubs and pools and hidden nookie rooms for the amazing couples to meet secretly and be filmed.

5. messabout

messabout Senior Member

Ahhh.....That gives new meaning to expressions like; conspicuous consumption, garish excesses. and the one from the bewildered folk; "why". Incredibly gorgeous nonetheless.

6. viking north

viking north VINLAND

I'll go one further at a time when we're polluting the hell out of our planet just to hold the line on civilization until we can get some kind of control of population verses food supply, How in the hell are we going to convince the grassroots of humanity the importance of not dumping waste oil down the storm gutters when one see these decadent piles of design sh-t using up our precious resorses and spewing toxens for no other reason than the pleasure of "ONE" greedy selfish inconsiderate *******. I have no problem with a financially successful person owning a reasonable sized house,car, yacht, or anything else but the designing,building and use of these sick looking pucky piles of plastic and glass have reached the level of insanity and as one citizen of the world i think we should start banning them from our sea ports. Where is Greenpeace and the tar cannons when you need them. Put one of these out of comission and the pollution reduction will save untold numbers of sea creatures.The next time you get close enough to such vessels do your earth a favour, boo and shame the hell out of it.

7. Willallison

Willallison Senior Member

Or... perhaps you might like to consider that a yacht like that probably directly employed one or two thousand people for several years during its design and construction. That wherever it goes, it creates employment and opportunity for everyone who is involved in its operation and maintenance. Yes - its over the top and its by no means one of my favourite yachts but it is short sighted to simply see a large yacht as one mans expression of excess.

8. Timothy

Timothy Senior Member

"The next time you get close enough to such vessels do your earth a favour, boo and shame the hell out of it." Andrey Melnichenko, Gina Rinehart (the worlds richest and possibly fattest women, who today said that lazy Austrailian miners should accept 2 dollars a day for working in her mines to be competitive with their "happy" African counterparts) and the rest of their ilk are impervious to shame . I would bet that most of the accommodation on A is for the security force Andrey Melnichenko feels he needs to protect him from the "99 percent"

9. alan white

alan white Senior Member

It's too bad that our best work often goes to satisfy the whims of people who have way too much money and who actually believe that they are getting something out of a 60k shower faucet.
    I think a lot of those lucky souls who are on the payroll of a billionaire can't even discuss the owner's latest idea or they have to pretend that their ideas are actually sensible. Like when the owner says, "What do you think about maybe each door has a camera that turns on when you open it?', and the builder has to act as if something normal was suggested instead of an insanely stupid idea. People that rich often want dumb things built and most people can't imagine what it would be like to want such idiocies.
    Ah, capitalism. It's a love/hate relationship.

10. viking north

viking north VINLAND

Williamson -- I stand by my words -- these blights upon the ocean are owned and operated by blights of humanity and neither serve any useful function other than the pleasures of a few earned generally by the misuse of the many. The employment of the few to build and service these (on a per capita basis) the biggest toxic spewing non purpose machines on earth doesn't even come close to the justification of their existance in three dimensional form. Every time one of these cess pools of design move from the drawing board to fabrication we promote mans inhumanity against man (greed) and kill our living sphere a little more. Extreme decadence in any form is a crime against humanity and the time has come that it is confronted with extreme verbal prejudice regardless of whose toes are stepped on.

11. Willallison

Quite right... we should ban all recreational craft that are more than 30 metres long because of the unadulterated environmental damage they cause!
    Oh... wait a sec... there's what... a million...maybe two or three million times as many boats under 30 metres long.... we really ought to get rid of them too....
    And don't try the smug "but I have a sail boat" line... all that fibreglass uses a lot of petrochemicals.... all that timber is responsible for a lot of deforestation... it takes an enormous amount of energy to make that aluminium....
    Like I said, it's easy to be critical (hypocritical) of those who's consumption appears to be at odd's with the 'average Joe', but I think that's born more out of jealousy than any supposed interest in the environment.
    When exactly are you going to ditch that 30ft motorsailer of yours?

12. pdwiley

pdwiley Senior Member

Ah, thank God I have a steel sailboat and don't need to feel guilty.....

PDW

13. Willallison

Oh contraire....
    You live in Hobart.... if you were to believe just a fraction of the hysteria that surrounds every attempt at investment in this state, you'd realise that we should feel guilty about everything!;)

14. viking north

viking north VINLAND

You're comparing a 30ft. recycled ships lifeboat to one of those phallic symbols??? Neither did i specify yacht size however since the topic has been put on the table -- why not allot a max. allowable carbon footprint per toy per citizen of the earth. We already apply it to our automobiles. lawnmowers, woodstoves and a hundred other items. Thru technology we humans now have such worldwide impact on each other we have become less as citizens of a country and more citizens of our living sphere. I see this much more so in the younger generation. They organize and operate as an organized group world wide, in most cases totally disregarding borders. Green is here to stay and in their world money will not buy the right to continue this extravagant individual greenhouse generation. I say again "EXCESSIVE decadence" is a crime against humanity and we should protest with extreme verbal distain.

15. Grey Ghost

Grey Ghost Senior Member

I totally disagree. I don't want to live in a world of greens mediocrity.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.