Tug boat interior

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by CaptJimTpa@aol., Jun 20, 2003.

1. CaptJimTpa@aol.

CaptJimTpa@aol. New Member

I am renovating a 40 ft harbor tug, buildt in steel as a hobby in 1977 to a live-a-board. I would welcome suggestions for interior bunks .etc

2. Guest

Guest Guest

I think the tug boat is a thing os simple beauty. You can not dress them up to much or they loose the rugged charm they naturaly have. If you need insulation then use foam board the pink stuff you can buy at Home Depot and cover it with formica white or light gray what ever. This way it is quiet you can clean it very easy and it will be warm or cool which ever you need. The cabinets and such would be best in marine plywood and covered with the same mica.

3. Dave Fleming

Dave Fleming Old Geezer

There are a number of tricks to installing wood joiner work in a steel or Al. boat.

Alternatives depend on how much money you have to spend.

The more details of the steel construction you can provide the better the replies will be I'm thinkin'.

4. mmd

mmd Senior Member

Dave is right on the money. Not meaning to be rude, but you need to define your question more clearly. Check out the Metal Boat Society website - there is lots of good info there. A good book is "Small Steel Craft" by Ian Nicolson