Cooper Maple Leaf 50

Discussion in 'Motorsailers' started by Bosun Bill, May 14, 2012.

1. Bosun Bill

Bosun Bill New Member

I am considering on buying a 1980 54' Cooper Maple Leaf and it needs some TLC. Would anyone happen to know where I might get my hands on original plans or specs for this year motersailer. Its my retirment project. Thanks for your help.

2. Tad

Tad Boat Designer

Cooper Yachts has been closed for probably 20+ years. The designer, Stan C. Huntingford, disappeared long ago as well. The good news is that there are lots of these boats around. Best is to find and contact other owners of the same or similar (Maple Leaf 48, 50, 56, etc) boats.

There's this.......http://sailboatdata.com/viewrecord.asp?class_id=3435

3. Bosun Bill

Bosun Bill New Member

Information

Thank you so much for the info.

4. mattotoole

mattotoole Senior Member

I recently spent 9 summers aboard a Maple Leaf 50 in the Northwest. It has a much different hull but almost the same interior as the 54, with a few inches sliced out here and there to fit into the 50' hull. So very similar. Anyway I know the boat inside and out. What do you need help with?

By all means contact the Cooper clan. David Cooper is still building boats as West Coast Custom Yachts and his dad Forbes Cooper is still around. We ran into him 4-5 years ago.

Designer Stan Huntingford passed away a few years ago.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.