Trying To Live In An Egg...

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by Sean Herron, Aug 16, 2011.

1. viking north

viking north VINLAND

After one failed marriage of some 8yrs. I dam well learned to test drive the car before i bought it. Test drove it for 7 yrs. put it thru the flames of hell, building houses and living in them without running water, building boats, sailing for months on end without standing headroom and a cedar bucket. Travelled most of the continent in old dodge van homebuilt campers (with the same cedar bucket) Figured never find another model that could withstand the punishment so bought it. After 35yrs. best dam car i've ever test driven. Impressed me so much I'm actually naming the boat after her. (lettering painted not routed, i'm no fool. :) So next time you meet a fair maden ask her if she would like to go out on a firewood cutting date commonly known as a laughter in logging hike.--

P.S. after re reading the thread several times I too am confused, divorse ? marriage ? test drive ?

A yacht is not defined by the vessel but by the care and love of her owner--

2. tunnels

tunnels Previous Member

Marriage should have a licence that need to be renewed every 5 years or less !!:eek:

3. masalai

masalai masalai

I know where my home is (well at least the longing in my heart) ... It is split in total confusion between "obedience to Lovely Lady", and residing in Melanesian tropical waters on or near my boat ... Ideally, both :D

The sad thing is, that God made sure that we would really make a stuff-up of the paradise prepared...

Humanity is a really STUPID lifeform...

Maybe this planet was made for whales and Dolphins or something - which means that God is NOT perfect as my guess is that we will destroy most other life-forms with pollution and whatever, before humanity learns to live in peace and within our sustainable limits...

Therefore, I fail to see that a superior being, with the capacity of creationism and perfection, was involved...

Face up to it, the following may express the future we may find all too soon... http://www.dailyreckoning.com.au/savings-are-bad-mmkay/2011/09/01/

4. SheetWise

SheetWise All Beach -- No Water.

I've been married for 32 years ... not to the same woman, of course.

My current wife and I have been married for 15 years -- she's my fifth wife, and that is a record for me -- my previous record was 7 years.

I suppose I could try to beat my current record, but I'm getting tired. Nonetheless, I feel qualified to give you this one little piece of advice ...

If you're looking for sympathy, you'll find it in the dictionary somewhere between **** and syphilis.

5. viking north

viking north VINLAND

Yes and like in the dictionary those two organs are also close together-- maybe that word book is trying to tell us something :) Masalai take her cutting firewood--Take God also--maybe they'll both appreciate the boating more :) Just thought of something--whats His problem--seems to me Him and the boys had alot of fishing and wine trips out on the sea of Gallalee and he told them to cast their nets over the other side. Thats like a greener pasture on the other side of the fence--tried that her boyfriend caught me :) :)

6. CatBuilder

CatBuilder Previous Member

Interesting! I share a lot of the same ideas as you, Viking North.

I took a former Miss Teen NY, model and actress and introduced her to sailing. Obviously, with that background, she wasn't really doing many "outdoorsy" things before I met her.

Later, we worked as crew aboard megayachts together.

Still later, we moved aboard our own boat, heated with a wood stove and wintered over a couple times in Maine. We lived 7 days a week, 365 a year, only going to docks when there was danger of the boat icing over too much in the winter at anchor. We also ran a successful charter business from this boat.

Firewood: We'd take our old beat up Hyundai and go "find" fallen dead wood on the side of the road or by dinghy. We'd hustle with a chainsaw and maul. I'd cut and split, she'd run it to the car or dinghy. We'd do this like it was a race before any type of "authority" came by to stop us. Did this for years to keep warm while living aboard full time. It was much harder away from docks to do this, but it was our only heat source, so it had to be done.

Had an anchor light go out, so I sent her up to change it to an LED. (Picture attached)

We are now separated by about 1000 miles while she is working a land job and I am building our next charter catamaran.

It's been very hard to be apart all this time, but we hope to only have another year or so to go before I bring the shell of a boat up to finish the interior (and everything else) while we live together.

Long story short - I think my wife passes your test! :)

Attached Files:

1 person likes this.
  7. viking north

viking north VINLAND

She's a keeper-- :) and lifes richer for it -- Geo.

8. masalai

masalai masalai

The thread needed a bit of life, - I was hoping for a comment from Sean, but I suppose his life of contentment has changed his mood and interest in stressing fools like me venting occasionally in frustration...

CatBuilder,
    Congrats on a good find/relationship... Pictures every-so-often, of the build would be appreciated...

9. CatBuilder

CatBuilder Previous Member

I'm sorry. I'll get some pictures up of the build progress once things get more interesting. Lots of fairing right now, so other than the foils (rudders and dagger boards), nothing looks like it's changing. :)

10. Poida

Poida Senior Member

A picture of your wife would be pretty good too thanks, Catbuilder.

11. viking north

viking north VINLAND

OOhhh Catbuilder watch Poida-- i think he needs firewood :)

12. Sean Herron

Sean Herron Senior Member

F'cking Hell...

This is the Blonde Dutch woman who loved the boat - but I sold the thing today...

Out...

SH.

Attached Files:

13. viking north

viking north VINLAND

I'm still confused--If she loved the boat why did you sell it or was that a tongue in cheek comment -- don't blame me you started this thread now we all want to know what the hell's goin on :)

14. masalai

masalai masalai

Last edited: Sep 6, 2011

15. SheetWise

SheetWise All Beach -- No Water.

You sold the blonde Dutch woman? What were you thinking?