Aftermarket Outboard Fuel Pump?

Discussion in 'Powerboats' started by johnnythefish, Oct 2, 2020.

1. johnnythefish

johnnythefish Junior Member

I need a new high pressure pump for my 2012 Yamaha F150 BET - part no is 63P-13907-04-00. They are about 400 bucks. I see quite a lot of aftermarket ones for sale ranging from 40- 200 bucks. Does anyone have any experience with any of these? And is it worth saving the money or are they simply not reliable enough?

2. Mr Efficiency

Mr Efficiency Senior Member

I guess if you talk to an outboard mechanic familiar with the engine, and not beholden to that brand, you could get an assessment of what the worst that can happen, is. If the motor could become a loss as a result of a failure, not worth it, if it only leads to an engine not running, less of a concern, but still a problem if a breakdown would leave you up that well known creek.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.