Tweaking the butt end....

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by Sean Herron, Sep 26, 2004.

1. Sean Herron

Sean Herron Senior Member

Tweaking the buttocks....

Hello...

Anyone have any experience sailing or even some hull photos of the late Henry Scheels 'Bestyet' series of small sailboats...

I have stations of the 25 footer and notice that he ran a fading chine from midships to the transom - interesting - it's either really fast with such flat buttocks aft - or it is a bow diver...

Seems quite similar to early Rodney Johnstone boats - but the J-boats do not have the definite chine - just a sharp curve at same...

Anyway if anyone has any thoughts - I would appreciate some dialogue - I am intrigued - a little...

Aside - my wife just got off the phone with her 77 year old father and his friends have told him that he cannot die just yet because none of them have any trousers that do not have paint on them - now that is funny...

SH.

Attached Files:

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.