Volvo 270 drive w/Ford 302?

Discussion in 'DIY Marinizing' started by Slayder, Aug 2, 2004.

1. Slayder

Slayder New Member

Hey,
    I bought a boat that has an Volvo AQ130C motor w/ 270 drive. The motor needs to be rebuild. I can get an (Auto) Ford 302 for cheap, what would it require to make it fit onto the 270 drive? and to convert it to a marine motor.

Thanks
    Dan

2. Corpus Skipper

Corpus Skipper Hopeless Boataholic

3. Lord's Prayer

Lord's Prayer Lord,s Prayer

Lord's Prayer

Hello, my name is josh,

I'm extremely curious about the Ford 302/270inboard hook up that you talked to dan about. I love horsepower and I would love some info on what to do with my Glastron V184/with a volvo270 so I can have some fun.

4. marshmat

marshmat Senior Member

Dan- Rebuilding the 130 would probably be easier than trying to cram a car Ford in there.

Josh- Sell the Glastron and buy an old Hydrostream. That'll get you some fun! (Actually, there's a fair bit you can do with the Glastron- what powertrain are you running now? There's a lot of add-ons you can put on some of the common engines.)

5. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

If you increase the HP, then you'll have to change the gear ratio. It is quite expensive. Also, the prop will have to match. Hotrodding is not for the poor.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.