trolling motor on a kayak

Discussion in 'Outboards' started by joco, Dec 1, 2009.

1. pistnbroke

pistnbroke I try

you missed the point ...your 17 ib is about 250 watts ...1/3 hp and getting motors of this power at 12v is not easy ...yes model plane motors but a bit on the light side for knock about use .....

you also cause problem when you have discusion going on in two threads ...people get irritated ....

All problems can be solved by spending money

2. joco

joco Junior Member

people get irritated ....

sorry.not my intention.:confused:

but the same kind off lower unti can be used..and i just gave the ideal to some other in that other tread in case it could help some.

joco

3. Easy Rider

Easy Rider Senior Member

Kayak electric power

Get the whole thing from Torqeedo. It's a German electric propulshion system. They have regular OB units but one is especially designed for and is a system for kayak power .. about $1500 as I recall. Very slick rig. Search Torqueedo or go to Fisheries Supply in Seattle.

4. joco

joco Junior Member

thanks

i already no about torquido.

and wont spend that kind off moeny that is for sher..first its not that fast and the baterie dont last that long.

better do are own kit and buiod a rudder motor wit a minn kota and build everything yourself for under 300$ new motor and new batteries.

but i am looking for new way to build it..for fun try to get lightter etc.

but thanks again all info is good.

joco

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.