Folding Trimaran Hull System Invention

Discussion in 'Multihulls' started by DouglasEagleson, Nov 15, 2015.

1. DouglasEagleson

DouglasEagleson Junior Member

I have invented a novel trimaran with folding outhulls. It is only really usable on less than 30 foot main hull lengths. It allows a ten foot beam after automatic folding.. The folding system has no beam interference issues. When folded the main hull beam is the only beam at a dock.

I have a provisional patent application for it.

I really need an honest engineer group that would like to make speculation craft.
    Talking honestly is only doing what you say. Just say you will keep the design hidden. And I will send the invention statement to you.

A thirty foot test sailboat would prove the design.

The folding system design is only obvious after the fact. But it really is limited to 30 foot long.

Thanks Doug

1 person likes this.
  2. Doug Lord

Doug Lord Flight Ready

You need to post pictures and/or drawings. Impossible to evaluate w/o them! Check with your attorney but it's probably ok to post pictures/sketches at this point in the process.

3. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

If the patent is filed, that gives you protection. What do you mean that "it is only obvious after the fact"? You don't need to build an actual boat, a model will do fine to prove the concept. Why is 30 feet a limit for the design?

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.