Crowther Spindrift

Discussion in 'Multihulls' started by waikikin, Oct 18, 2014.

1. waikikin

waikikin Senior Member

2. Reefer

Reefer New Member

While bridgedeck clearance is discussed in another thread, I thought someone might be able to describe the point at which it is measured.

I have enclosed a photo of the underside of my Crowther Spindrift.
    As the photo shows, the bridgedeck clearance goes from about 1.3m forward then curves like an airfoil to be 0.8m at its lowest point in still water.

Incidentaly, while I have measured the waterline length with a tape measure simply run along the top of the painted waterline and got exactly 40', I still dont know the LOA of this boat. :confused:

Attached Files:

3. waikikin

waikikin Senior Member

Hi Reefer,

Then you bridgdeck clearance is 0.8 metre, usually the lowest point is aft, you could also measure forward where the curve at the front tangents from strait for clearance forward, the length and shape have some great bearing on the issue, the cutaway that the Crowther designed vessels feature is close to ideal and many modern production vessels have de-evolved from this ideal for spaciousness...

Then the boat will or could be be slightly shorter or longer than the girth you have taken at the boot top line, you could with the help of a level and a batten, also some masking tape to temporarily mark the deck,.... level and measure forward and aft then run a tape with reference to deduction/addition on the deck marks to arrive at something close. Maybe shorter is better for economy in marina berth and longer better for sale........
    Jeff.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.