Trimaran float mould on ebay

Discussion in 'Multihulls' started by gypsy28, Aug 12, 2012.

1. gypsy28

gypsy28 Senior Member

Hi Guys, I've noticed an trimaran float mould on ebay located in NSW Australia, It looks like a float from Sodebo or IDEC and I believe Sodebo was Aussie built?

Could be useful for anyone wanting to build a giant trimaran ;), maybe we could get Langman to build a couple of new floats for KAS :D

Cheers DAVE

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Float-Mo...pt=AU_Boats&hash=item2ec0dc38ba#ht_500wt_1288

disclaimer, I have no connection with the sale of this item, just thought you guys might be interested

2. waikikin

waikikin Senior Member

"still has plenty of production life"............. those massive tri jobs just keep rolling in, might make a great slippery slide for the pool;)

3. Corley

Corley epoxy coated

I believe Boatspeed built Sodebo and Oman Air Majan from the same molds. I wonder whether someone will snap these up to make a mega pod cat? It's been done before with some success.

4. Red Dwarf

Red Dwarf Senior Member

Wow that is awesome. I wish I could get it to the USA, but I'm afraid packing and shipping will cost more than the molds.

What is the beam of the hull?

5. Corley

Corley epoxy coated

You might squeak the molds into a 40' container if they could be angled with one end high and one low (they seperate into two parts). When I priced shipping a 40' container from Seattle to Melbourne in Australia it worked out to a little over $5000 AUD. It says on the listing that the hulls are 1.2 metres in beam.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.