Trimaran Crossbeam Static Load Test

Discussion in 'Multihulls' started by cuica, Sep 3, 2014.

1. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

You should also consider the slamming loads, which can be more than the displacement of the whole boat.

2. TANSL

TANSL Senior Member

Interesting question, Gonzo. I guess you have recently read some (one?) studies about salamming. How these forces influence on the transverse beams and how to make these support such a huge force?. How calculate those forces?. Thanks

3. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

No, it has been a long time since I read anything about it. One of the issues with slamming loads we discussed in a thread a couple of years ago were the lateral forces on the hull which add to the bending of the beams.

4. TANSL

TANSL Senior Member

Well, I thought your information was more recent. Anyway, I'd like you to answer my questions. I have designed some catamarans (passenger and fishing) and had never considered slamming forces (when calculating cross beams). So I would be very interested you to answer my questions.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.