Boat Designing drawing or Software

Discussion in 'Software' started by opc167, Apr 27, 2011.

1. opc167

opc167 New Member

I need some assistance please. I have the study plans for the Bandido Glen-L. I can start building the hull and what I’d like to do is design the decking with my own design. Other than taking hundreds of photo’s of modern boat designs and also wood boats to use as a design guide, what would be a good software to use that’s not very costly so I can draw my own deck layout? I’m trying to incorporate a modern hull look (cold-mold) but on the deck, I want to design it with the wood trim like the modern Chris Crafts. Also, desire to use plush leather, etc. Any info, I would appreciate it.

Best Regards, Chris Brooks – Macon Ga.

2. nukisen

nukisen Senior Member

Google sketchup, Freeship, Draftsight (2D). Some samples for free use programs if you are not using it comersial.

3. opc167

opc167 New Member

Thank you.

4. nukisen

nukisen Senior Member

You are welcome! :)

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.