Treyworgy specs for a 62 ft motor sail schooner

Discussion in 'Motorsailers' started by Micah Davis, Feb 16, 2018.

1. Micah Davis

Micah Davis New Member

I just bought a 1990 62 ft motor sailor steel schooner....i cant find any specs on it

2. PAR

PAR Yacht Designer/Builder

Welcome to the forum.

I'll assume you had the vessel surveyed and did some research on the yacht, before purchase. It's not uncommon to find little information on an older design, though information may be available about the designer and the general yacht can be made with comps. Who built it, who designed it, is the builder still in business, is the designer still alive, etc. Most notable designers have their work archived.

3. Tad

Tad Boat Designer

First off the company name was Treworgy Yachts, Inc. of St. Augustine Florida. Mark Treworgy was the owner and principal boatbuilder. They built in steel and aluminum, mostly round bottom George WM. Sutton designs, also designs by Bruce Roberts, Merritt Walter, James Krogan, and Mark Treworgy. There is a note in the book Steel Away (Smith & Moir 1986) that they built a 62' round bottom ketch designed by Mark Treworgy.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.