Little float skiff

Discussion in 'Boatbuilding' started by sbowman, Jun 15, 2012.

1. sbowman

sbowman New Member

Hey guys, I was hoping to get some advice on something from some of you more experienced guys out there. I have this little "one sheet skiff" that I built last year as a first time boatbilding project. I have literally only had it in the water once! This is largely due to the fact that it just really doesn't have enough space. So ie decided that if it just had a couple of more feet it would be perfect for floating down some of the slower streams around here and getting to those honey holes.
    My delemma is this, I have some scrap boards to use to for this matter that are actually scrap peices of 1/2" ply that are about 9"x8ft and I have four to use. I can either make a short sort of air box attached to the stern or add on a longer pontoon set up. I am leaning towards the double vee style in its most literal sense. Four boards placed into two vees connectin in the middle. It seems this would give me some extra length to help with tracking and some storage space, but I am worried the whole boat will want to kick back onto the deep vees and ride deep in the back rather than set flat.
    Suggestions?
    Also, to answer the obvious question, yes I could just build a bigger boat, but I'm having fun getting creative with this idea. Plus, these wood scraps have to go to something! Lol
    Thanks in advance and sorry about the long post.

2. rwatson

rwatson Senior Member

You might get more advice if you post some pictures of the concept - the words don't build an image easily for me.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.