CLP; mono-hull vs multi-hull

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by jibbernaught, Jun 5, 2007.

1. jibbernaught

jibbernaught Junior Member

Good Day,
    I just finished the design on a 48' mono-hull sailboat but decided in stead that I want a catamaran. Im researching multi hull boats now and have noticed that I haven't seen anything about catamarans having the worry of a heavy weather helm, or a lee helm. My question is this: Is the Center Of Lateral Plane (CLP) something that catamarans need to worry about as much? I guess that because catamarans have such a large beam between their two hulls that the CLP would not play as big of a role, but I am sure that it is still necessary to find in order to ensure proper mast placement. But then Again i might not have any idea what i am talking about:confused: ... Thanks for any help.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.