ob conversion to ib

Discussion in 'Fiberglass and Composite Boat Building' started by JoelRabe, Apr 3, 2008.

1. JoelRabe

JoelRabe New Member

Hi I'm Joel,

I'm new to this forum.
    I have an older low profile, 15 ' fiberglass hull boat, the boat is rated for a 55hp short shaft out board motor, and was wondering if there is any information in this big world to convert this little old gem to an in board sport jet?
    Or is this a bad idea.

Thank you,
    Joel

2. ondarvr

ondarvr Senior Member

Can it be done? Yes.

Will it cost a great deal of money? Yes.

Will it be easy? No.

Will it work well when done? Probably not.

Some of the older small jet boats like that sell for far less money than what it will cost you to convert one. Plus the hull will at least be sort of designed for the jet.

You can still do it, just keep in mind that the effort and money involved will just be spent on a project that will have little or no value when finished. So it needs to be considered a project and not an invetsment.

3. JoelRabe

JoelRabe New Member

thank you for the information. looks like i'll stick to the o/b config.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.