transfer of loads created by wj to boat hull

Discussion in 'Jet Drives' started by Ben Land, Mar 30, 2015.

1. Ben Land

Ben Land Junior Member

Hi, I am writing my final thesis about the subject in the title. I am looking for this one paper called "WATERJET PROPULSION - A SHIPBUILDER'S VIEW" written by Warren, N F, Kecsmar, J and Sims, N. I contacted RINA, that is the publisher, but they coldn't find it since it's rather old...dates back to 1994. If someone owns a copy, I would really like to take a look...this could give interesting perspectives to my work! Couldn't find it on sale online either..

Cheers
    Ben

2. NavalSArtichoke

NavalSArtichoke Senior Member

Wow! I thought the RINA would do a better job for you looking up one of their publications.

In any event, I found a bibliographic citation for this paper at:

http://trid.trb.org/view.aspx?id=450233

Perhaps if you contact RINA again and provide them with these details, maybe they can do a better job finding this paper. :)

3. Ben Land

Ben Land Junior Member

Thanks mate! I understood that the problem for them finding the paper was that their digital archive goes only back to 2001 and this is way older. Anyways I am about to try again with this citation link you posted! :)

4. NavalSArtichoke

NavalSArtichoke Senior Member

It would be a shame if RINA trashed all of their archives before 2001 in order to go digital.

Other organizations have managed the transition more capably than that. The Royal Society scanned all of their Transactions prior to the 1920s and made them available online, IIRC.

Good Luck!

5. baeckmo

baeckmo Hydrodynamics

Actually, one of the writers is a member of this forum, hope he will join in.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.