Transmission issue

Discussion in 'DIY Marinizing' started by crowsridge, Mar 30, 2012.

1. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

2. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Can you show a pic of the motor and transmission. Some transaxles can be split and the diff reversed meaning you could us a right hand prop.

Sorry if I missed it but what engine is it. To be honest I would consider Gonzoz suggestion . A cheap marine tranny wont be much and it WILL work then.

3. crowsridge

crowsridge Senior Member

I will take pics in the morning. I dont mind the lh prop at all. There are lots of them. The other issues are the trans in front works better for plans, trans come with the motor, so free, and keeps with my plan of off the shelf common parts inexpensivly.

If it cant be done successfully this way, then by all means a marine trans. I tried Gonzos links and quick web look. Didnt find H1 model. I can call simplicity on monday. Theirs are 1500.00 and up. That really shoots the original charter.

4. crowsridge

crowsridge Senior Member

Frosty, here is a shot of the back end.It also shows the height difference where I want to place the seat over. Then the connection. And the side view. I will have this side space to put gear and compensate for engine shift to center the drive. Its an 82 vw diesel out of a rabbit p/u. 1.6 ltr I believe...

Attached Files:

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.