High Powered Multihull.

Discussion in 'Multihulls' started by WickedGood, Jul 12, 2010.

1. WickedGood

WickedGood Guest

I bet if someone were to take this hull and do a knockoff that we could make a high powered Cat that would take a 50 HP outboard on it

[​IMG]

WickedGoodOutdoors@Maine.rr.com

2. J3

J3 Junior Member

It's not the hull shape I would think of for a planing "high powered" outboard cat. Maybe something moderately powered if you already have the hull.

What is the origin of this design? It's the center hull of a (sailing) trimaran, isn't/wasn't it?

3. WickedGood

WickedGood Guest

I guess thats the point.

This hull would be perfect for a couple of electric trolling motors running on 24-36 volt battery banks one in each hull, mounted low for ballast and stability both inherant and dynamic.

It could be a boat of the future that is small at 20 ft long and 8.5 ft wide to allow trailering behind event the most enimac little clown car with 4 cyl engine sporting a class I hitch or even a nice Motorcycle!

Why think; you could haul this boat and drive your motorcycle or ATV right onto the deck and go just about anywhere!

Who says they cant go fast!

[​IMG]

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.