Trampoline Attachment Help

Discussion in 'Multihulls' started by jtremolo, Jul 7, 2010.

1. jtremolo

jtremolo Junior Member

I am building a one-off catamaran and I need ideas for the trampoline. I am planning on using trampoline mesh for the main material. The trampoline is ruffly 7' by 6' and will have a max of 4 people at any time. I originally wanted to do a bias cut tramp with bolt-rope edge on 3 sides. However, I am having a hard time finding track that would hold the trampoline. This is a day-sailor and the cross-beams come off the boat for transport, so, ease and speed of assembly are a primary concern. The more time sailing and the less time assembling the better :D

Any ideas for attaching the trampoline would be extremely helpful.

Thanks for your help,
    Jordan

2. outside the box

outside the box Previous Member

Have a look at how Schionning attach their tramps, slotted pipe glassed onto hulls/bridgedeck leading edge with fibre rod in it to retain the tramp, might work as an adaptation for your needs.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.