Trailerable boat to create surfing wave

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by davidb, Oct 23, 2006.

1. davidb

davidb New Member

I am interested in purchasing or designing a single engine inboard trailerable boat optimized to produce a head high curling wave suitabe for surfing. Speed for wave making to be between 9 and 12 mph.I have a private lake to operate on so wake damage is not an issue. Water depth between 15 and 70 feet. I believe a center console inboard such as the 26ft Albin might work well (better than the traditional wake board boats which are optimized for 25mph) for my needs if properly ballasted ie 4000+lbs . Would sure appreciate suggestions of existing boats capable of such a large wake as well as being open to new designs. I am willing to consider commisioning a new design.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.