trailer tri 20 to 22ft wanted

Discussion in 'Multihulls' started by tamas, Feb 16, 2013.

1. tamas

tamas Junior Member

Hi I want to buy a trailertri and I like the ostac tri. The Hains model of this design is to heavy to race competitively I have been told. Does anyone know of one for sale or something similar. I am only interested in racing or day sailing so dont need any accommodation. I dont mind if it is ply as well. My budget is also limited.

I was considering making my own and using a stingray cat or similar for the amas and rig. Time does not really permit now.

Would love to hear from you if you know of anything.

2. Corley

Corley epoxy coated

One of the guys at Hastings Yacht Club had an OSTAC tramp I can see why they command a premium because their certainly a cut above the construction of the Haines tramp trimaran and significantly lighter in construction.

You have said your on a tight budget but is it 5k, 10k or 25k? That makes a big difference in what you can buy at the lower end of the market.

If your looking for something new maybe one of the predator trimarans? Buy a premade production hull and a cheap beachcat and you have a small trimaran with cuddy. The base hull can take a variety of cat hulls as floats and use standard cat rigs. I'm not sure of current pricing though.

http://www.predatortri.com/index.html

3. catsketcher

catsketcher Senior Member

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.