Launching

Discussion in 'Wooden Boat Building and Restoration' started by Robert Gainer, Oct 20, 2006.

1. Robert Gainer

Robert Gainer Designer/Builder

We just launched “Clare” on Sunday. We named her after one of the children that helped build both this boat and the Shad boat we built last year. The “Clare” is one of my designs and I am going to take the opportunity to show some pictures. Check her out at www.offsoundings.info/clare.htm I guess this might be in the category of shameless self promotion but I think the kids did a great job on both boats.
    All the best,
    Robert Gainer

Home page for the Hudson Fisheries Trust,
    www.fisheriestrust.org

1 person likes this.
  2. Wynand N

Wynand N Retired Steelboatbuilder

nothing beats traditional wooden boats....the skiff gets my vote:cool: Nice work by the kids, you must be proud Robert.

1 person likes this.
  3. longliner45

longliner45 Senior Member

very impressive!,,I hope when im done with my boat it looks like a kidd built it ,,,,,,,,and not me! again very nice ,,by the way I saw woody guthres name there ,,,please tell us about it ,,,,longliner

4. Robert Gainer

Robert Gainer Designer/Builder

Longliner,
    The “Woody Guthrie” is a replica of a gaff-rigged Hudson River sloop built by Pete Seeger, the folk singer and activist and named after his friend Woody Guthrie. She was built in 1978 which is ten years after Pete built the Hudson River Sloop “Clearwater”.

The Beacon Sloop Club owns her and gives free rides and evening sails each weekday in the summer. Both the Hudson Fisheries Trust and I are members of the Sloop Club but we had nothing to do with building or sailing her. We are just lucky to be in an area of the country where the people are interested in this sort of think.

Wynand,
    Yes I think the kids did a great job on both boats. Now we need to decide which boat to build next.
    All the best,
    Robert Gainer

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.