Trade Winds

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by huntress, Mar 9, 2008.

1. huntress

huntress New Member

OK this is off topic but we are looking for info on the trade winds , best time to travel, go north hem. or south hem. , east to west or west to east. Which is best? Will be sailing lord nelson 41 and looking to take next three years off. Any suggestions?

2. StrandedMariner

StrandedMariner Steelboatsailor

The book 'World Cruising Routes' by Jimmy Cornell would be useful to you. I just bought it myself, because I have to plan a passage from South Africa to Phuket. It has general information about trade wind and currents, but also a large library of specific routes, with way points and other useful information.

3. safewalrus

safewalrus Ancient Marriner

or the British Admiralty version "Ocean Passages for the World" NP 136. Primarily for large ships but a lot of the info is very valid!

4. Guest625101138

Guest625101138 Previous Member

Have a close look at this:
    http://www.digwave.com/products.htm
    The alternative VPP acronym!!!

Rick W.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.