TP52s

Discussion in 'Sailboats' started by mighetto, Nov 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mackid068

mackid068 Semi-Newbie Posts Often

True, he extolls the virtues of something he doesn't really understand.

2. mighetto

mighetto New Member

Never Lie. I post what I know to be more than myth. And Truth Seakers find me. You do know I beat Tripp Gal last year. But sigh this proves nothing. Lets recognize that the TP52 is a boat that suffers because it was designed to never capsize. This is as foolish as designing a race car that will never crash. Capsize is a natural part of racing and designing sail boats that do not do so is designing against nature. It is sick and especially so when the boat sinks after capsize. See this and then see the way to converting from Republican.

Many are seeing. The US has sunk as low as it will in sailing and in government I think. We form counter societies daily to fight the Skull and Bones:rolleyes:

Did you see the RC is using VHF for the start at the big boat event in Seattle this week end. Oh perhaps you missed that. It is on that exclusive SSSS board you only get access to by membership. 35 bucks. Hell a big boy should be able to aford that. We are open to all. Give it a thought. There is more to sailing than just design.

I had been approached by a group of sailors who need a winter race course. They joined SSSS but viewed our starts as collision prone. I was selected to present the notion of broadcasting the starts by VHF to the board and take the heat. I was glad to do it. US Sailing and the RRS support the notion of race starts controlled by radio and indead the Far 40 fleet introduced the concept in Florida, even boycotting for the change according to Barry Carol.

We need to chat Tripp 26 as well as Maria and the TP52s and the evil Sea Hag (may God save her soul). I note that Porter is now pushing my web site as one of the worst dressed. Hell, I get fan mail you know. I will post a few letters there.

Be advised. My sailing career is just starting. I will be around for 50 years. You might as well start working with me becase my steaming pile of crap on the Internet is working for good. I am serious about running for office at US Sailing and SSSS as a write in candidate. Deal with that fact and deal with the notions presented through me, some of which may be incorrect but will never be presented unless I believe it truth. I have changed my mind and reserve the right to do so. Let the good folks at SA find their groove for a while. Serious posting is being done on the SSSS board. The Society Rules.

Murrelet is ready for the big boats. You can see us on Saturday if you look fast, for we are speedy under sail and power.

3. mackid068

By the way, Frank, please publish hate-mail too, with your responses. I'd like to see what you say. It'd be interesting...but in regards to this remark: "Many are seeing. The US has sunk as low as it will in sailing and in government I think. We form counter societies daily to fight the Skull and Bones." Low as it will? It could sink lower, but it's pretty bad...but not in SAILING! And then we get to the PARANOID, unabomber, shack in montana part: "We form counter societies daily to fight the Skull and Bones." Ok........

And in regards to this: "Lets recognize that the TP52 is a boat that suffers because it was designed to never capsize. This is as foolish as designing a race car that will never crash. Capsize is a natural part of racing and designing sail boats that do not do so is designing against nature. It is sick and especially so when the boat sinks after capsize." Capsizing is BAD.....especially in a large boat or a boat with a significant interior OR, hell, any boat that one person can't right alone. So designing to prevent capsizing (hint: why do you think we have keels and centerboards...) is normal. WE HAVE AREAS LIKE KEELS AND CENTERBOARDS TO PROVIDE LATERAL RESISTANCE TO SIDESLIPPING AND TO PREVENT BOATS FROM TOPPLING OVER...I.E. CAPSIZING!

4. Shife

Shife Anarchist

Frank. Stop dodging the SA issue and respond to my last post (#1201). I have shown you proof time and again. You either dodge the subject and post mindless drivel or lie. You are an insignificant, insecure, mentally ill man. You only aspire to attempt to damage boats that are obviously superior to yours. You have made no positive contributions to the sailing world other than becoming our punching bag. Respond to post 1201 or stop posting.

5. mackid068

Shife, chill. Seriously, chill. Have him speak his piece as to why designing a boat to not capsize is bad....

6. Shife

Shife Anarchist

He's had over 80 pages now to attempt to explain that. He's had countless NA's explain to him why his views on these boats are wrong. He now chooses to not to explain his views on boat design, but to lie when he knows he's wrong, and slander those who disagree with him. He does not even have enough self respect to admit wrong when faced with undeniable fact. He is the lowest of the low, and not worth your pity.

7. sailsmall

sailsmall Senior Member

Frank's never going to answer any questions. His whole purpose is to get people spinning around with frustration. God knows why he enjoys making such an *** of himself in the process. He's just plain pathetic.

8. mackid068

Again, just relax. Ignore him, hell, let's get an admin to close this thread.

9. member 10795

member 10795 Sensei

What would you expect a liar to claim?

There is a certain amount of truth in that statement. All of the pictures that I've seen of you sailing show you as someone who is a rank beginner.

Yeah, somebody will have to tow you an again.

So, when are you going to admit that you were banned frm SA?

10. Jim Hauser

Jim Hauser Junior Member

Migghies coming to watch us all play this weekend? Excellent. I hope he picks up a few tips about how to sail from the people out there.

11. TP 52 Defender

TP 52 Defender Actual Sailor

The TP 52’s ARE not designed to capsize. This is just like very other keeled sailboat out there – a capsize only happens when the crew screws up (Name one keel class that is designed to capsize – here’s a hint there is none). You can knock down a TP52 and pin it there just like every other keel boat out there. As to the weekend – I was in the US but back east racing Stars and not out west so I did not race in Seattle.

Thanks for the invite to join SSSS but I am already a member of a couple of yacht clubs and have a hard time serving as a productive member to those (as RC, Jury, PC chair, committee member, etc – one East & one West).

If your starts are collision prone - hell man that’s racing, that’s why we sail by the RRS and not COLREGS (one is designed to get boats together one to keep them apart) – no amount a VHF chatter is going to solve this. If beiing close to other boats scares someone then yacht racing may not be their sport. Even SSSS knows that the sounds are not official:
    October RC Report
    I. Racers Alert !!!
    There will be an additional warning sound signal, preferably a gun, with no flag one minute before the first starting sequence begins. It
    needs to be remembered that flags are the only official commands given by the committee boat and sounds are merely given to attract attention.

It is good to see the smaller clubs start to catch up to national events. I do find it odd that SSSS chose not to switch to the 2005 rules till September however. I did find your rant against web posters as a violation of RRS 2 as funny - I presume this was a satirical piece (if not you may want to talk to your chief judge at SSSS).

Frank - RC's have been doing VHF broadcasts for well over 10 years. This is nothing new - but the VHF does not replace the flags it simply a courtesy broadcast. The Farr 40’s did not start this Race Management and RC’s did – in FL that would be Premier Racing (Many of the race officers that serve / work for Premier are from one of my clubs). What’s Barry got to do with it – Renne is the class manager?

As to the Tripp 26 how can I help - what do you want to know?

Frank – I am dealing with you. I am correcting for errors, half truths and lies. Whether you chose to accept the help is where your errors become lies.

As to Sat. and seeing your Mac 26 – I’ll have to pass as the Lloyd Phoenix is this weekend. However – bring you PC (pocket cruiser) to FL in Jan. and let the world see how you go. Hell I’ll even see if I can call a Friend at FLYC and put you on the line with the TP 52’s – I would not recommend you repeat the start that was posted earlier or you will end up doing penalty turn for the first 30 mins of the race (and by that time the 52’s would be just about out of sight for you).

You don't lie? Why then do you keep claiming things as facts that have been proven to be incorrect? Own up and apologies and you may learn something – if your sailing career is to go beyond beginner this would help.

Still trying to find a back door to post on SA I guess …….

12. sailsmall

sailsmall Senior Member

Close it?... What are you talking about? This is like reading the morning comics. Or watching Sat morning cartoons. Frank is the coyote, self-destructive and incapable of learning. The rest are the road-runner, jabbing and dodging with varying degrees of wit and humor. It's not often that someone is willing to make a public fool of himself so thoroughly and regularly as Frank seems to be.

Anyone who can't stand watching is free to walk away.

13. mackid068

It is kinda funny...DAMN! It's bloody HILARIOUS!

14. TP 52 Defender

TP 52 Defender Actual Sailor

Add 1 more to the TP 52 family - looks like 35 may be the number.

Frank's question of the day - how are SC52's related to TP52's?
    option 2 - define movable balast as it relates to racing yachts.

15. barleymalt

barleymalt Junior Member

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.