TP52s

Discussion in 'Sailboats' started by mighetto, Nov 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. photoboy

photoboy Guest

I get so confused :?:
    These high performace blue water racers all look so much alike. :p
    TP 52's Tripp 47's and Mac 26x's :D

2. sailsmall

sailsmall Senior Member

...a photo of master boy in action. 'samatta frank, y'kant staht ya motah?

btw, good thing you have the name of your boat on it's side. otherwise I wouldn't be able to tell which sleak racing craft was yours. well, the sail handling might have given it away...

Attached Files:

3. DLackey

DLackey Junior Member

That's just what those Macs do before they get up on a plane.

4. photoboy

photoboy Guest

It was so kewl being out there, I had no idea how far ahead I was when this shot was taken.
    I was near the finish and the others all had to do one more lap. :D
    There was a terrible crash shortly after this photo was taken that almost sunk two boats, had I not taken the time to show the Melges crew that they had a hole in thier bow from ramming the etchells that the photagrapher was in, they might have sunk.
    Thanks to my quick, unselfish action lifes might have been lost! :eek:

To bad tripp-guy didn't take my advice and change to a smaller head sail, they were almost on beamsend several time during the race, awsume 8kt winds almost overpowered the craft. :!:

5. Shife

Shife Anarchist

Wow. Stalled on port tack with sails flogging. I especially like the lowered mosquito killer and the partially furled jib. What a tool. Even with a rating of 400 there is no way this guy could win a race.[​IMG]

6. photoboy

photoboy Guest

Oh no mister S, I gaver up my incredible lead to save the etchells skipper from apperent danger.

7. sailsmall

sailsmall Senior Member

so frank. since that seems to be you, care to explain the name change? and how the campaign to save your job is coming along?

8. photoboy

photoboy Guest

This is all so much PHUCKING FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!

You all are so focused, you don't see the fact or want to admitt your mistakes, phucking idiots!

I'm not Frank, dumbshits!

The shits on you ! HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHHAH

ARRRRRBEEGARRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Don't let me forget the commas,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Back to AS/ I don't want to bother these gentelmen with your ****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. photoboy

photoboy Guest

PS> BUTTHEADS,,,,, I'm not going to let Frank take the blame for my insanity!

10. sailsmall

sailsmall Senior Member

well, if you're not frank, you seem to be just as looney

11. DLackey

DLackey Junior Member

If he thinks the photographer was in an Etchells then yes, he's a loon.

12. Shife

Shife Anarchist

It's obviously Capt. Hindgrinder.

13. mighetto

mighetto New Member

Hunting

http://boatdesign.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=3788

Let me explain what you are seeing in the photo. This is an example of hunting which is not legal in sail boat racing but happens when crews are trained by lubbers. It is the same as in a basket ball game. When you are pissed off you might play a bit hard.

Murrelet enters all her races now with the engine down so that we can avoid Sudie Parker and her crew. On this particular day she was most vile. I suspect the race was started early by Dan Decker on behalf of Sudie Parker (there is no doubt that the cruising class boats were started early.) Any way, we had been sailing single head sail towards the cluster of boats where we knew the race would be starting. There were others with us.

Murrelet is turned into the wind and we are putting up our main. When I spotted Nieve Juvinial, I put on breaks, rolled in the head sail and put the engine in reverse. Her intention to hit me could not have been clearer (well in my mind anyway). Photos never get used as evidence owing to perspective, so there is no "proof". Is that Scott Awalt on the helm - you dog you! :)

The direct line to the mark was not really close to Murrelet. Spider (the multy) is operated by Tripp Gal's other adversary, a former MacGregor Yachts owner. She must have many adversaries, but in any case I didn't want to slow lightning Rodd down. In the photo it looks like I was asking him - Are you racing now? I really did think that race was started early. He indicated yes and we motored out of the way. I had at least another 5 minutes of motoring time by my reconning.

Now we got to the starting line respectably but were flying a red flag. Two cruising class boats did circles which is what made me realize the flag was up. Dan Decker indicated that we had a correct start - which was mighty nice of him I thought. We then tacked to the first mark.

Only Triptophan - as Rod likes to call the Trip 47 was still hunting us. She came high to tack down on us, she having finished one lap, we still making the first mark. Anyway, my crew is watching and she takes a mighty dip. We prepare for a gust - only it doesn't happen.

My take is that there wasn't enough water to float her boat. She shoaled out and took a crash tack.

But this is all opinion. It would be nice if she would post and say no - she wasn't hunting Murrelet and no - she didn't have a Washington State Patrol officer monitoring me at my new office this last week - no **** - what a piece of work, I have confirmation. She so does this sport poorly.

Well anyway, I decided then to finish the first lap and then get on plane out of there - which we did. Even with all the above - it was a great sailing day. Nonetheless, I look forward to Tripp Gals sail into the sunset. She is never going to hit Murrelet - we have an engine that can prevent that.

Oh there is more. After withdrawing Dan Decker directed us out of the path of those still racing. I screwed up and after directing my crew to let loose the Genoa sheet on starboard, forgot it had been cleated for down wind work. Yes - we bumped the commitee boat. I have more respect than you know for those of you who know how to sail. Bottom line. Next time I withdraw, there will be no "showing off". The motor goes down and is turned on.

Oh - next wedesday is the last race under the old rules. From then on race starts can be broadcast on VHF - by any one. I doubt there will be any confusion on start times at that point.

Things are getting better lads. Might as well come to the first meeting of SSSS for the new year. (our new year starts in September). If you can find me, lets chat IRC. Oh if the photo owner would like to colaborate, I would be willing to submit an article on this to Sailing Anarchy. I do not think a better story about how broadcasting starts by VHF makes the game better could be written with that photo.

Let Fly. We are cruising this week end.

14. DLackey

DLackey Junior Member

You're a real piece of...uh...work Franko.

That was the best bit of fiction I've read in a while.

15. sailsmall

sailsmall Senior Member

ya know frank, if you had not already established your reputation, some of that stuff might be believable. most, of course, is pure frank babble. you sound a little like ignatius batlling the confederacy of dunces.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.