TP52s

Discussion in 'Sailboats' started by mighetto, Nov 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Windvang

Windvang Yacht Designer

Yes you can, just leave off the paint!

Attached Files:

2. marshmat

marshmat Senior Member

Funny, I never thought having an opaque hull was an issue at all. Isn't that what ports and hatches are for? Would actually drive me nuts, to be honest... couldn't sleep in past 5 am around here with a boat like that!

3. mighetto

mighetto New Member

Scott Tempesta is a friend. All Sailors are friends, regardless of incorporation. Lets note how important the news from Scott that Kahn has sold his TP52. There is no greatness in that design. Only those reluctant to move to sensable designs should crew on such vessels unless of course they are being paid to train. The TP52s are spectator boats and or training boats. They are not boats for greatness. Micky Mouse Boats. Get my meaning.

Lets wonder about Scott's designating Farr as worst designer but then giving TP52s honerable mention even though most of those are Farr. It does not compute except when you see Farr recomending the fixing of the movable keel on VO70s.

I will be at the symposium tomorrow. Come with pies. I take them willingly. Then come for a ride on my Mac26x. MacGregors rule.

Frank L. Mighetto

4. mighetto

mighetto New Member

Wow, I will bite. This looks like something from Andromada. The point I was trying to make is that fiberglass is first and foremost glass. If you can not see through it the builder could be hiding something. Like poor construction.

Yet we have an entire generation that thinks that if you can see through a hull it is a weak hull. Hell 4 or 8 inches of fiberglass is still going to glow. That is the nature of glass. What is this vessel in the photo?

Frank L. Mighetto

5. mighetto

mighetto New Member

What the - thats my upgrade

When you no longer believe what you think you know you are more than your thoughts. Don’t take your thoughts so seriously. Be larger than thought. Reality at least bites. Perception is nothing but vacuum. Be now.

The thinker is not who you are. Surf the web. Thinking that is not routed in awareness is manipulation. Do not be manipulated or manipulate yourself. Be natural. Take a bite. Comment on sailing anarchy. Be Clear. Be significant. Shift from thinking to the present. Mastery of sailing implies that thinking takes second place. You act in one with the design of your craft. You are present, alert, and aware without thought but with truth. This is the motivation. That voice in your head is not you but the one who is aware of the voice. This revaluation is freedom. Let fly. God, how I love this sport. A great sailing day.

6. Small Wally

Small Wally Junior Member

7. Mark 42

Mark 42 Senior Member

Don't count on it...

Not all sailors are friends. :p

1 person likes this.
  8. marshmat

marshmat Senior Member

I thought we had left this thread to die a quiet peaceful death.

9. usa2

usa2 Senior Member

why dont they delete this thread?

10. RHough

RHough Retro Dude

Every circus needs a side show? :D

11. marshmat

marshmat Senior Member

12. Shife

Shife Anarchist

You are not a friend of SA. Nor are you welcome there. You would think that you would have figured that out after Scot booted your *** out of there.

Answer us this Frankie: Why would Roy Disney, a man who can, and has, campaigned just about any boat he wants, come out of his short retirement to buy a TP52? No greatness, eh? Training boats, eh? I really want to hear your fabricated, fantasy land answer to this one. You have to be the most mentally ill sailor, strike that (it would be offensive to sailors to call you one), boat owner on the planet. Donald Crowhurst had a better grip on reality than you do.

13. fatdog

fatdog " "

Crowhurst...fantastic reference.

14. SailDesign

SailDesign Old Phart! Stay upwind..

This thread is now officially a Zombie thread..... :)

15. mighetto

mighetto New Member

PostScript on TP52s

Lets follow up on the "success" of the TP52s. I am persuaded that the design is the most unsuccessful of all time in spite of marketing to the contrary and the apparent requirement that all who speak of them precede any discusiion with words like "allways exciting".

Lets chat a bit about the TP52s from the perspective of seahourse international which this month notes that a race design that takes 15 years before its first major event is to be questioned. That major event has yet to happen but is scheduled for the Med.

I will note that I was surprised when the two TP52s in the Pacific Northwest did not chalenge eachother in the Swiftsure this year, but rather selected different courses and classes for the race. Both did well. Later I discovered that Glory - the first of the failed design - has been extensively modified. I know her owner has a water ballasted family cruiser so if anyone knows if water ballast is involved in the modifications please state so. There should be more interest in the TP52s just as there is interest in Edsels. These vessels were so hyped

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.