TP52s

Discussion in 'Sailboats' started by mighetto, Nov 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Buc

Buc Junior Member

Actually Frank desn't have to worry about his taxes going for dredging at Swantown Marina. While Frank works in Olympia and keeps his boat here, he lives in Seattle, well outside the Port of Olympia's tax district. He doesn't pay taxes here; he's a freeloader. Maybe he forgot.

2. frankofile

frankofile Junior Member

Nice!

What kind of character can Frank be to go on for almost a year and a half like this, with people writing in from around the world telling him he is a clueless ****, and not one person agreeing with him the entire time. They say that when you meet him, his facade is a normal, if slightly eccentric personality, but you got to think that, somewhere inside, there is something very strange, possibly not human.

3. frankofile

frankofile Junior Member

I may have to take back my description of Frank as long-winded. With one sentence he has demonstrated that he is full of ****, casting aspersions based on no evidence what so ever, and pissing off multiple segments of the sailing/internet community... that is, if anyone were to care what he had to say.

You know Frank, this forum provides a spell checker. It wouldn't kill you to download the software and use it. Working through your atrocious, infantile spelling and grammar adds a good 25% to the time needed to read one of your postings, and only adds to the hostility people feel toward you. And don't give me **** about how it's rude to comment on your spelling. I'm making a constructive suggestion here.

4. mighetto

mighetto New Member

Its a great forum all right. Tell us about the spell checker. How does one hook up? Note 800 hits since my last post. There is something to what I say. Pay attention. It really isn't all about me.

Frank L. Mighetto
    ask for evidence and so it will be given
    there is a reason I am known as HWNSNBS

5. mighetto

mighetto New Member

Port of Olympia - Toliva Shoal

Yes I do feel like a freeloader. But few work as tirelessly as I do for boating in the Pacific Northwest. Perhaps you are not aware that Tripp Gal's crew actually threatened to get me booted out of Swantown Marina. Such are the ways of the big boaters. It is a culture of gangs that we do not need in US Sailing ruled clubs. On a positive note Swantown awarded Murrelet the prize for dressing up over xmas on the JKL docks and we won a free haul out at the boat show.

[​IMG]

Just to clarify. It is my moorage fees that would be paying for dredging as well as my federal tax. Of all the Port of Olympia activities it is the marina and boat works that generate more funds than costs. There is no subsidization at all for those two activities. It is a secure facility, which is likely why dog doo wasn't spread over Murrelet as promised by one of Tripp Gal's thugs. This is more than trash talk. It is more truth. Can you handle it. The really sad thing is that Swantown can already support deep draft vessels. There is no pleasure boat need whatsoever for the dredging on west bay except that the big boats can't hang with the rest of the Toliva Shoal racers. There was no need at the OYC outstation either. OYC's special tax for the dredging is directly related to the burden of the big boats, which could have been designed with movable and retractable foils as my boat is. Two weeks and counting. Will Tripp Gal try to orchestrate a boycott of the Toliva Shoal race as she did last year? Again big-boater mentality. FYI, in a PHRF race, in theory, any boat, even mine, can correct out to better a big boat. Why do so few know this fact?

Frank L. Mighetto
    Performance Sailing Seminar. Tonight I think. See you there.

6. frankofile

frankofile Junior Member

Well if the people you believe you are helping react that way, maybe you should rethink your approach.

Is this a joke? That is the basis of PHRF racing, not some well-hidden factoid. Who doesn't know that? The reason you never correct out ahead when you race is because you don't know how to sail.

Spell checker: above and to the right of the reply window. You can also use MS Word to spell check. I thought you were some kind of computer expert.

7. Shife

Shife Anarchist

No, Frank, it IS all about you. People tune into this freak show to see what bizzare fabrications of reality you'll come up with next. You're like the circus attraction that everyone knows is fake. People know you're a fraud, but they enjoy coming here to laugh at you all the same.

We've been asking for evidence the whole time. You haven't provided any yet, why start now? Also, the imaginary facts you claim to be true, just because you write them, don't count. We want actual, verified, printed facts, from a reputable source (which is not you).

8. sorenfdk

sorenfdk Yacht Designer

OK - then how about sharing with us the evidence behind Farr Internationals alleged bankruptcy? (And please remember: Evidence = Facts)

9. mighetto

mighetto New Member

The culture of corruption is most observable with the Abramoff lobygate scandle which involves one of the sponsors active in sailboat events. FYI Abramoff worked for Preston Gates Ellis's DC office but spent a lot of time in Seattle owing to a mercer island charity he founded. Preston Gates Ellis is a firm started by Bill Gate's father of the Bill and Malinda Gates Foundation. I have long suspected that somehow Sudie Parker is tied in to a firm with the win-at-any-cost culture Abramoff learned at Preston Gates.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2004/9/23/154633/843

The top downers really are way up there.

Frank L. Mighetto
    write in candidate any board position US Sailing

10. mighetto

mighetto New Member

AZ Sailor, are you picking up on the Mount Gay post? Conspiracy theory, the first of all theories accepted by the US born and for good reason. Rum use to be as important to world trade as oil is today. If you are a sailor, you well know about rum, but you may not be aware that Mount Gay is French, hated by the Bush administration because Cuba and the rest of the world sided with them over a trade mark called Havana Club. Abramoff will take many down with him. Fortunately for the sport of sailing most of those are golfers. Have some fun guy. I have come to realize that the 20 somethings will never speak out. They are the debt generation, living as wage slaves like during the days on the plantations, and of course on the big boats.:D They are the forced silent generation. You sir are not one of them right? More my age correct? Do you think I care what is said about me? I would not be running for office or speaking out if that were the case. Enjoy the entertainment but recognize my contributions.

PHRF is undergoing what I think is radical change. No longer will your J-boat, or whatever, have a rating in San Diego that is different than the rating in the Pacific Northwest. The wind blows the same all over the world. We can adjust our sails and ride well or continue to support fixed fin monohulls at the detrimate of our 20 something potentials.

The mac26x part in the TP52 conspiracy was significant on two levels. First, the water ballasted race trainers at 5000 active hulls competed directly with the notion of a TP26 race trainer, second they were proof that the LPS requirement of 128 in the TP53 box rules was hogwash.

Frank L. Mighetto
    Be My Valintine:eek:

11. sorenfdk

sorenfdk Yacht Designer

I take it that was just one more of your lies...

I'd love to - what are they (apart from lies)?

12. mighetto

mighetto New Member

Good lord, man, I have rocked the Status Quo - which Blows chunks. (only 4 of 39 US on BMW/Oracle race team!) You do know that 10,000 hits on Sailing Anarchy on one day were had on the thread Sudie Parker started called the Future of Yacht Design because of me.

You may also be aware of the now famous rule 69 report I prepared for PHRF Northwest

Certainly you know of the unhackable www.eskimo.com/~mighetto/murrelet.htm which was originally developed by myself and fellows on sailnet.net. Haxor still tries. BTW, this forum and that url are proof that online forums can be operated for years without "hard drive" issues. Argh.

You may not be aware of my role in extending rule 69 and proposed laws on Internet Bullying. Huzzah Huzzah it is now very difficult to harrass a person on a forum such as this anonomously. You can always espress a sailor's wit but eventually AZ sailor will want to identify himself by name, to prevent jail time should his true identity be discovered and, in the case of TP52's the law/lobby firm employing them to do the harrassment.

There is nothing as exhilerating as having someone aim at you and miss. You are aware that Sudie Parker's husband Little Man Hansen, contacted the state of washington and washington state patrol to have my internet access and job revoked are you not? Fellow, no one has done as much for this sport. BTW the Tripp 47 has burdened the Toliva Shoal race already. The S2 7.9 will not be racing owing to Sudie Parker's selection of a captain. One way to win is to take talent that would otherwize be competing against you. This is especially effective if it also takes out a movable and retractable foil vessel that has a chance of bettering your lubberly sailed vessel. This is the best recent example of the win-at-any-cost culture of corruption I continue to work against.

As Secretary of South Sound Sailing Society, I got the job done. We still wait for rosters, now over a month due; that would never happen on my watch, and I have to figure my relentless notification of forums going down in a manner supporting the bigboats is why the MacGregor board is now running. Soon the SSSS board will be operating. Hell Microsoft will put it up for us. Who needs Shean Trew.

But my greatest accomplishment is getting out of the way of PHRF, Sailing Anarchy, and SSSS who are taking all my concerns away by fixing things, faster than I can run for office.

Soon movable and retractable foiled sailing machines will be raced as designed rather than in a manner that makes the fpolish TP53 style boats look good.

But, I am not a leader. I am just following US Sailing.

US Sailing has been re-inventing itself. Its management consultants pointed out that sailing in the US is considered by many to be an elite activity, aloof from the rest of society and thereby undesirable. This the management consultants proposed partially explained the net loss of 100,000 US sailors to the sport each year and low interest in membership.

So that fewer US boaters move to power boating or out of boating all together, US Sailing is de-emphasizing support for the elite racers, such as TP52s, owner driver classes, and large one-designs, and is attemting to grow the sport through support of production cruisers such as Catalinas and hopefully and most likely soon Macgregors. They also are going to be more open about elections of board members and even let members vote for who will become a board member! What a concept!

This membership voting is a big change for US Sailing. Members have not yet been part of the board selection process at US Sailing. This had been done from the top down, not bottom up. The rational for that was the feeling that if you let members vote for board positions you might get a "bad" board member.

The notion that an election can give a bad result is such a politically charged one that US Sailing really could no longer support its old board selection process and expect US government funding or non profit status. The risk of getting a "bad" board member with the top down approach might now be considered greater because so many selected that way have had duties outside those of the board that have overwhelmed them or clouded their board decisions.

US Sailing is now implementing a modern structure. See http://www.ussailing.org/organization/taskforce/structure/

Frank L Mighetto
    Chenny shot a millionaire. My God the truth - who can handle it?

13. longliner45

longliner45 Senior Member

If I shot someone you would have herd about it on the 5 oclock news not 24hrs later

14. mfqrdf

mfqrdf Junior Member

The wind doesn't blow the same accross the world....that's why the highest recorded wind has only occured on Mt Washington...and not everywhere. Although it is all contingent on your definition of "same" or "is" or pretty much everything.

15. longliner45

longliner45 Senior Member

wow I like this tread!!!!!

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.