Aquariva

Discussion in 'Fiberglass and Composite Boat Building' started by DualDelux, Aug 4, 2008.

1. DualDelux

DualDelux New Member

I have long admired the Aquariva hull and design. I have owned over the years a 1942 Chris DualDelux and 19' Chris Capri. I have recently thought of
    a renovation of an old Aquariva. Since the intro of the Volvo IPS system I
    thought this would be a good mate. I spend my summers in Michigan and Winters in Florida. Both areas have their boat graveyards in the hundreds of marinas. I was wondering if Italy has similiar graveyards in which an old Riva
    hull might be available. I will be in northern Italy in Sep. Oct. 08 and would love to explore such, Como etc.. I have been unable to find,by web or other, any info on technical spec's on Rivas hulls dimensionaly or otherwise which would allow any analysis of hull performance by shape, weight or cg. Any
    ideas.

2. Landlubber

Landlubber Senior Member

DualDelux,

Mate, good luck, i seriously doubt that there would be Rivas laying all over the back paddock some how, when was the last time you saw a Ferrari laying in a back yard rotting......the Italian boys would snap up anything that may have half a chance of making a few bob....but, hey, do it anyhow, you never know if you never go!

I do hope you find something just to show me wrong, it would be great!

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.