New Fuel Lines

Discussion in 'Materials' started by rich99uk, Apr 28, 2011.

1. rich99uk

rich99uk Junior Member

Hi I am installing a new desiel engine in my boat and need to put in some fuel lines from the tank to the engine.
    I want to make sure i use the right type of hoses to meet any regulations for when i get my boat surveyed bearing in mind i am in the UK, and that wont disintergrate.
    Any helpwill be great
    Cheer
    Rich

2. Landlubber

Landlubber Senior Member

...ask any surveyor in your local area what is the hose they prefer to see....simple really...

I can recommend hoses we use here, but that will be useless unless you can get them, they are local made and USA made, but I am sure the local fella will be the best bet.

3. CDK

CDK retired engineer

Go to www.marineparts24.com and look at their collection of fuel lines and accessories. They have (almost) everything for inboard diesel installations.

4. Katoh

Katoh Senior Member

Basically asked the same question not even a couple of weeks ago,
    http://www.boatdesign.net/forums/boat-design/aluminum-fuel-lines-37694.html
    have not done mine yet but I am leading towards stainless to the primary fuel filter than just flexible rubber from there, like my problem I don't want to worry about those lines under the floor were there hard to get too.
    I have not look into fully at the braided stainless hose yet, need to contact the manufacturer and see how it goes in a salt water hard environment.

5. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Im sure Lancing marine will know, just a local call away.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.