Tony Bullimore is missing

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by Guillermo, Nov 15, 2006.

1. lazeyjack

lazeyjack Guest

Walrus!! ole boy I am wiv you
    I remember ole gypsy moth and how that silly ole bugger cost the life of a rescue\
    Chitchester, was not content to rest on his laurels
    If I were going and maybe soon I will I would ferk of alone, i would not expect anyone to come look
    i heard an interview from him today on the wireless:))
    BUT the Aussies navy is doing sod all so it is good practice

2. Bergalia

Bergalia Senior Member

According to my crystal set Bullimore is on his way (two months late) "and making record time" .... But that was yesterday (2/5/07) Mind you it didn't say in which directon he was heading.... :(

3. lazeyjack

lazeyjack Guest

what frequency are you using on your crystal ball, should,nt you update it to more solid state

4. Bergalia

Bergalia Senior Member

Tont Bullimore etc

No, should be OK Lazey - I've just fitted the latest piece of Microsoft - 'Cat-whisker' XP

5. lazeyjack

lazeyjack Guest

k, sent you a pm

6. safewalrus

safewalrus Ancient Marriner

Cor Bergs that's hi tech stuff - 'cats whisky er whisker'

7. Guillermo

Guillermo Ingeniero Naval

Reviving this old thread just not to open a new one:

A British sailor waited two days to be rescued by his wife because he did not want to trouble the coastguard.....He said he did not alert the local rescue services because he did not want to become "another Tony Bullimore".

Sensible way of thinking, but even more sensible:

"Tony Curphey, of Emsworth, Hampshire, sails around the world with his wife but they travel in separate boats."

See: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/hampshire/7350071.stm

Cheers. :)

8. safewalrus

Well done Tony Curphey, but I don't think The Aussies (or anyone else for that matter) would equate him with 'Tony Bullimore', Mr Curphey kept it quiet for a start, and probably knew what he was doing - neither of which are part of the Bullimore philsophy!!

Handy backup having your wife in a seperate boat though! but why is she in the bigger boat? or does she have a crew? Interesting lifestyle apart from the rescue aspect!

9. charmc

charmc Senior Member

Now there is a real sailor! Apart from the unique lifestyle/relationship, he's demonstrated tremendous integrity in not asking for rescue service to come out, as well as creativity and skill in jury rigging repairs to keep his boat intact despite heavy damage.

I remember discussions in other threads about those who want to voyage on the open seas having some obligation to know what they are doing so rescue services are only called on for legitimately dire circumstances. Mr and Mrs Curphey have set a fine example, relying on themselves to make it to shore after severe damage. Maybe that's their plan; each has a rescue craft always nearby. :)

10. safewalrus

Yeah seems a sensible one as well! for more reasons than that of having a rescue craft nearby! Be useful in Pirate infested waters, send em over the other boat and they find the wife, now if she had the mother-in-law there as well! Wimmin 3 pirates 0 springs to mind!!

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.