To all oil riggers, H2S problem on rigs

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by DepHyze Quick, Feb 25, 2008.

1. DepHyze Quick

DepHyze Quick New Member

Hello all, I am new here and would like to hear from all past and new oil riggers, on how you are / were dealing with H2S, Is it a big problem, cause i may have a solution. Would love to hear from you experienced people.
    Cheers.

2. charmc

charmc Senior Member

Hydrogen sulfide gas is also a problem for municipal water plants treating water from deep undergraound in some areas. I'd be interested in talking with you. Yon can reach me at charmcguy@hotmail.com .

3. DepHyze Quick

DepHyze Quick New Member

Good day Charlie,
    Thank you for your reply, how are the municipal water plants countering their H2S problem now? Will email to you soon.
    my email is terence.quick@gmail.com, currently I am in Indonesia.
    Terence

4. Ted Van Duin

Ted Van Duin New Member

DepHyze

Mr. Quick,

That is not a good name for a young man to have. The quickster, mr. quickie, I have no time so we must be Quick!. :) All Joking aside, It is funny how we run into one another when half way around the world...

You long lost friend, Ted

5. the1much

the1much hippie dreams

we wear a moniter and get away while holding your breathe,,,,,,,,,,what could you possibly do to keep it from killing ya?,,, theres NO way of keeping it from comming out of the hole,,,,, theres no way of diluting it without so much air ( which if too much oxygen gets into the "system" it will explode) that you couldnt work,,,,,and ain noone gonna use masks,,hehe :D

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.