STIXS figure for Bavaria 44

Discussion in 'Stability' started by Skipperstu, Jun 13, 2009.

1. Skipperstu

Skipperstu New Member

Hi
    Can any one help with the STIX figure for a 2002 lead keel bavaria 44, I need the figure for a racing certificate and the manufacturer say they cant find any information.
    Thanks in advance
    Stuart

2. TeddyDiver

TeddyDiver Gollywobbler

Thats for sure a BIG lie.. They have to know, they anyway had it categorized..

3. Guillermo

Guillermo Ingeniero Naval

Of course they are lying :mad: . The fact is most manufacturers do not want the public knowing their boats' STIX numbers, for the people not comparing with other brands. Tell them so and ashame them.

I have searched for the Bavaria 44 at the RYA Stability List (http://www.rya.org.uk/KnowledgeBase/technical/Pages/stabilitydata.aspx) but, although listed, its STIX doesn't appear. Sorry.

Cheers.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2009
  4. apex1

apex1 Guest

Thanks for the link Guillermo. The RYA is quite very frank on that issue:

And thats good!
    to be found here:
    http://www.rya.org.uk/assets/technical/Web Documents/Stability Intro.pdf

Regards
    Richard

5. Martijn_vE

Martijn_vE Marine software developer

If you know what category your yacht falls into (A, B, C or D) you know at least the range of the STIX number, for example Category B ranges from 23 to 32. A bavaria 44 is probably meant for open ocean (catergory A), so should have a minimum number of 32. Do you need to know the exact number, or is a safe estimate (32) sufficient?

6. Skipperstu

Skipperstu New Member

Thanks to everyone that tried to help on this matter, the reason I was asking is the Royal Ocean Racing Club need to have a STIX figure before we can enter the yacht into some of the races. I have emailed them the builders certificate which states it is built to cat A and should have the minimum requirement but they are still asking for the figure.
    The bavaria dealer have asked the factory several times and still no luck.

7. apex1

apex1 Guest

If you drop them a mail with a link to this thread, I would bet there will be a answer whithin a day!

Oder sitzt Ihr in Giebelstadt auf den Ohren wenn es um Kundenbelange geht?

Regards
    Richard

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.