TKO Electric / Solar Concept

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by TKOUSA, Jul 16, 2012.

1. daiquiri

daiquiri Engineering and Design

Jeremy, come on... Let him build that boat.

2. TKOUSA

TKOUSA Junior Member

How do you put 13 Amps in and get more out ? You use a 13 Amp small motor to turn a WIND generator system. The generators come from windbluepower.com. These were designed to charge batteries, and run Household systems.

3. TKOUSA

TKOUSA Junior Member

PMA = Permanent Magnet Alternator Design

Start the 1 HP motor using a battery

1) Global Industrial makes a 1 HP Motor
    Full load is 4.4 Amps, continuous running 1750 - 4000 RPM
    LINK: http://www.globalindustrial.com/p/e...xtag&utm_term=B236747&infoParam.campaignId=WI

2) A simple mini bike Torque converter could address many torque / gear ratio / speed issues.
    http://www.bulletlines.com/go-kart-torque-converter-p/52.htm

3) PMA Generating power (see chart below).
    Makes over 350 Volts at 2500 RPM. If you want to charge batteries, prong 1 produces 15 Amps into a 12 Volt battery at 2000 RPM. You should be sure and run a 20 or 30 amp fuse on the output to prevent damage to the unit if your load becomes excessive. Also, consider using a charge regulator so your batteries don’t become overcharged.
    LINK: http://www.windbluepower.com/Permanent_Magnet_Alternator_Wind_Blue_Low_Wind_p/dc-540.htm

Using this simple example - one device requires 4.4 Amps to run it and the second device produces 15 amps out when rotated by the first device... so now turn off the battery power, and the two systems properly connected could keep running - all by themselves, not drawing any power from the battery...

Now using the same drive belt from the 1 HP, lets extend this design a bit by adding a total of 6 PMAs - each one could then create over 350 Volts at 2500 RPM. If you want to charge batteries, prong 1 produces 15 Amps into a 12 Volt battery at 2000 RPM. As stated earlier one is dedicated to running the 1 HP motor, however, now we have 5 free to create power for other devices.

4. daiquiri

Excellent, go for it! Buy the equipment, create the engine you have described and get back here to tell us how does it perform. Don't waste further time on writing, build that motor and make it work.

5. Jeremy Harris

Jeremy Harris Senior Member

Yes, when the WIND generators are being driven by a WIND turbine!

Are you now saying that you're going to be fitting one or more wind turbines to run the PMA you've already mentioned?

If so, then that changes things, but as we've discussed on other threads here, you do need a large wind turbine to get any appreciable power to charge the batteries. There isn't a great deal of power in the wind, and you can only extract at best around 50% of it.

6. TKOUSA

TKOUSA Junior Member

7. Jeremy Harris

Right, so you're saying that you have something that can put out 3.4 times more power than you put in, right? (4.4 A in, 15 A out)

Simple question, where does the extra power in your system come from?

You can't just magic power from nowhere, there has to be a source for it, and that source has to be real, not imaginary.

No one yet has found the law of conservation of energy to be wrong, although thousands of nutters have tried over the years, in their barking mad quest for perpetual motion. Maybe you're just the one to prove the eminent scientists and engineers who pinned this law down centuries ago wrong..............

8. Red Dwarf

Red Dwarf Senior Member

My guess is this is all one big scam. He is trying to put together some pretty pictures and preaching the magic energy usage in order to get money from investors or customers. They would have to be pretty stupid to not see through the misrepresentations but "there's a sucker born every minute".

TKO clearly will not listen to reason and has an agenda. I agree with just make the damn thing but the problem is he won't be doing it with his money, caveat emptor.

9. TKOUSA

TKOUSA Junior Member

The Rotating PMAs produce the power

1. the 1 HP motor draws 4.4 amps
    1. a the torque converter has a drive (Belt or Chain) between the 1 HP and the PMAs
    2. one pma produces 15 amps and can easily run the 1 HP
    3. the design has 6 PMAs
    4. This leaves 5 PMAs at 15 amps each which can produce more power to other things
    a. charge batteries
    b. run other systems
    c. run other motor(s)

My question now is .... what would you run / could you run with extra power
    (5) PMAs each produce 1000 Kw, and can easily provide 15 Amps each

10. Red Dwarf

Red Dwarf Senior Member

Simple, put more PMA's in the system and sell the excess energy to the power companies. You will be a billionaire overnight.:p

11. TKOUSA

TKOUSA Junior Member

I have given step by step instructions if you care to build one of these yourself. There are plenty of electric engines, and PMAs out there to choose from, and my design is just a starting point. If you did that, then the manufacture you choose would make money, not me.

I see the system as having many applications including boats. Other applications include homes - which could have another benefit. If you built a larger system it would create energy and radiate heat as well.

To be frank I could use the money - but my intent is to focus on the system here. This space is providing very good feedback. I appreciate the groups frank replies, questions, and even the arguments. I have always believed that good scientific discovery comes from making many mistakes.

12. Jeremy Harris

For years I've been using electric drive systems, in boats, bikes and a motorcycle. My electric river boat is probably about as efficient as you can get, a 91% efficient permanent magnet three phase BLDC motor driving a prop that is around 85% efficient much of the time.

I know, beyond any doubt whatsoever, that it is impossible to do as you suggest and run a motor/generator combination as a perpetual motion machine.

Those you tube videos are fake, beyond any doubt. By your reasoning, if I connect up two of the PM motor/alternators I have here together (electrically and mechanically), and then spin the shaft up to speed the unit should keep spinning, with the machine acting as the PMA driving the machine acting as a PM BLDC. Well, I can tell you for sure it doesn't work at all!

13. daiquiri

No Sir, YOU have to build one and make it work.

Why do you want to push others into that adventure? You are firmly convinced that it will work. Excellent, then you just have to build one and prove that it does.

14. daiquiri

Look Jeremy, I'm serious now... Man, you'll get a stomach ulcer over this thing! Why don't you just let him make his machine and see what happens! TKO needs too see things with his own eyes on a practical example. He evidently doesn't give a damn about the existing knowledge, so let him do it!

TKO, I am encouraging you to construct your system and make it work. It will be a great school for you.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.

15. TKOUSA

TKOUSA Junior Member

I appreciate your experience. I have search the world (high and low) for a solution.

What is the draw on your motor? What is the output of your PMA?

Is the system balanced?

The design I propose is a PLUS system where PMA produces more power due to revolving at proper RPM

As far as my torque converter history - at age 10 I built a 3 hp mini bike that could do both ... 1) pull the 300 lb neighbor up hill, and 2) push me at 47 miles per hour for many miles

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.