'Tis the Reason For the Season!

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by mark775, Dec 25, 2009.

1. mark775

mark775 Guest

Believe Christ is the Savior or not. Not my place to judge and I hope you feel the same way. What is not debatable is that He was a real man, He existed, and for whatever reason, if you are a non-believer, He changed the world. If you feel that He was nothing more than a man, didn't He seem a pretty cool guy? Took a lot of grief, lived simply, didn't ever hurt anybody... What say we celibrate a nice guy's birthday?
    Mistakes have been made, but many people have tried to live a good life because of Jesus Christ. A lot of kids didn't make wrong decisions when they were young out of respect for Christ.
    untitled.jpg
    Now, don't give me crap for the crooked lettering but didn't anybody ever tell you hand-made things have more heart? Guillermo found a pic of a pretty little boat and I was so struck by it that I want to learn what it is and possibly get some plans and build a sister. Very critical, there are few perfect things in my eyes and this may be one of them. I believe the pic was captured at Nosy Tanikely. Thanks...for both.

1 person likes this.
  2. mark775

mark775 Guest

Nobody knows the boat?

3. hoytedow

hoytedow Carbon Based Life Form

I don't know the boat but I believe Christ led a lot of people without ever raising his hand against anyone except the money changers in the temple. Many people have led fuller more meaningful lives because of his influence. Many people have had their lives ruined by not following his teachings. Enough said.

4. Itchy&Scratchy

Itchy&Scratchy Senior Member

Hi Mark
    I have e mailed your photo to a friend who lives in Nose Bay, not far from Nose' Tanikely and will wait and see if he can identify it, the email is slow and far between though so you might have to wait for a reply. He and his wife built and started a yacht club near there and he may have come across the boat in his travels.

I have also been to Nose Tanikely, but its been about twelve or so years and the memory is staring to play up as I get older. I am hoping to go back there to visit him in the next year or two.
    I will let you know
    regards
    Justin

5. Fanie

Fanie Fanie

Hello Mark,

Thanks for this post - you are right of course. The principles applies to any and all languages, cultures etc etc, and does offer a sound guideline. Us techies have lots of belief problems because we try and solve things logically.

There was a time Jesus was briefly involved in boating (and fishing) so yeah, he cold have been a swell guy. He didn't have to swear (like I have to) to get something to work though, which is why I've taken up sailing. Justifies swear like a sailor.

If there is a life after this one, there better be wiemen, boats and fish :D and lots of them. I'm no good at playing the harp or singing.

6. Itchy&Scratchy

Hi Mark
    Just to let you know, I have just received an email back from my friend in Madagascar and it turns out that he does know the boat and its still working in that area, he will do a bit of digging and keep an eye out for it, to see if he can find out a bit more about the design. He believes the design is possibly of French origin, and has been converted to a fishing/working boat.
    I will let you know as soon as I know.
    regards
    Justin

7. mark775

mark775 Guest

Wow, Thanks! I have bated breath!

8. Itchy&Scratchy

Still waiting, I m afraid Mark - this might take a bit longer than initially thought, Madagascar is a bit like Africa, everything is done at a much slower pace.

My friend willl probably have to wait until he sees the boat again. As soon as he gets back to me Ill let you know.
    J

9. mark775

mark775 Guest

Itchy, I just plain and simple appreciate. If it took a year - no problem.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.